CocoonTech Reaches 2000 Members

BraveSirRobbin

Has anyone looked at our forum's statistics lately? CocoonTech.com now boasts over 2000 members. Those members have also contributed in over 50,000 total posts!

CocoonTech.com has become the number one portal for home automation, home theater and home security! :)

Special thanks to all of our Cocooners who contribute to this forum, thus making the core of its excellence!
;)

Attachments

• members.jpg
    members.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 28
I think a good statistic to see would be out of those 2000 registered users, how many have made at least 1 post. Then if you want you can take it further, like > 10, > 50, >100 etc...

I too was curious, so I took a quick look at the members page, sorted by post and displayed 50 results per page. I got lazy before I finished but this is what my very informal results revealed:

935 members --> 0 Posts
269 members --> 1 Post
181 members --> 2 Posts
1702 members --> 10 posts or less (less than 11)
1920 members --> 50 posts or less (less than 51)
1973 members --> 100 posts or less (less than 101)

Terry

Edited: Typos

OOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkk, your point is????

CocoonTech has a lot of members that browse the forums and do not make a single post. Still we have a lot of informative members that contribute to the excellent content which is why we have all of these members.

My point is that CocoonTech's excellent knowledge base is founded on those participating members.

Next time I'll bring my slide rule... :)

Wow, so if I am reading this right, 85% of the membership has 10 posts or less, and 47% have 0 posts. Very interesting. Now if we could see the last logged on times, in other words, how many people have visited in the past week, month, year, etc.

BraveSirRobbin said:

CocoonTech has a lot of members that browse the forums and do not make a single post. Still we have a lot of informative members that contribute to the excellent content which is why we have all of these members.

My point is that CocoonTech's excellent knowledge base is founded on those participating members.

lol, no point, just interesting observations. There is no argument that CT is the best HA forum on the net.

BraveSirRobbin said:

No point, just curious... ;) I'm a I.T. Project Manager by trade so I tend to enjoy numbers, details and slicing things up in different ways.

Warning: Testimonial ahead...

I myself was a lurker for a very long time before I joined. It was also quite a while before I made my first post. You're right in that this is by far the best HA place on the web. BSR, your how-tos alone are worth their weight in gold. The best thing for me in particular is how a person can bring ideas to the table and watch them grow into this whole different area. The creativity of this group is second to none and BSR and E should be proud of the work that has done and how they have helped to grow the HA community. The world is definitely a better place because of CT. B)

So, I hope I didn't twist anyone's undies too badly with the numbers. Like I said, I was curious too.

Terry

Oh no, I was just wondering if I was missing something (which I often do) :) .

I actually like the time I spend on this forum, mainly because of the membership here (not only becaue of their knowledge, but also because of the friendships old and new). The members should be just as proud of this forum as I am!! ;)

What I think would be really interesting is to better understand the psychology of the many who have signed up, but not posted at all. Maybe a separate thread that asks only the members who are active, but have yet to post. Again, just out of curiosity’s sake...

I know for me; I signed up and was going to post something, but someone else made my point before I got to it. I didn't want to essentially duplicate their post so I waited a little while until another interest popped up.

Maybe many sign up to be a part of it but feel they have little to contribute, maybe they’re waiting for something that relates to they’re situation, or maybe they’re saving up money, scheming and planning for their ultimate configuration while drinking in all the juicy knowledge here at CT.

Terry

I think people have many motives for registering, some wanted to enter contests, some lurk here, and many are active posters.

I think we have many, many lurkers based on my observation. We also have a large amount of guests that frequent the forum. If you look at the members online at any time you almost always see an equal number of guests to registered members.

I would like to add my first post and say that I enjoy "lurking" here and have learned a tremendous amount just reading and not asking questions.

I have Homeseer 1.xx running stable for past 4 years, about 30 X-10 light switches, Geovision video board with 16 cams, Davis weather station with HS plugin, Russound Cav6.6 not integrated with HS, RCS X10 thermostats. Security system is not integrated. I am possibly moving in the next 6 months and this system will then undergo a major upgrade.

Paul

Congrats to Cocoontech! :lol:

I think it would also be interesting to find out demographics such as: occupation, age, income, location, etc.

SmartLabsMike said:
I think it would also be interesting to find out demographics such as: occupation, age, income, location, etc.
I wouldn't feel comfortable having to provide any of that info on a forum...why would anybody be interested in incomes other than to target product advertising.

Ripper99 said:
SmartLabsMike said:
I wouldn't feel comfortable having to provide any of that info on a forum...why would anybody be interested in incomes other than to target product advertising.
Well, don't worry as the information will not come from us! We can barely get people to tell us how they heard of CocoonTech, let alone give us info like that! :lol:

Back