colouring WC intedfaces

Efried

unfortunately multiple WC cannot be distinguished seeing their thumbnail images in the browser. Is
 it possible using MPFS ro change the colour of the html pages of the PLC webcontrol?
thanks

Another thought is if the NetBIOS name, which is user settable, could either replace or be appended to "CAI WebControl PLC" name. The NetBIOS name works well identifying individual units when the page is open. It would be nice to be able to identify them when not.

I'm currently using two WebControl units (greenhouse and wood heat) and it gets rather confusing having two browser tabs with the same name. I plan on adding a third to control window opener so in theory I'll have up to three tabs with the same name.

/Tom

When you change the NetBIOS name in the network configuration screen, that will be displayed in the blue banner near the top.

CAI_Support said:
When you change the NetBIOS name in the network configuration screen, that will be displayed in the blue banner near the top.
Correct - that works well when you are viewing the page to keep track of which unit you are viewing.

However the browser tab always displays CAI Webcontrol PLC not the NetBIOS name.

/tom

Tom,

Thanks for your confirmation. Yes, the top banner shows product name. For different boards, the IP address and NetBIOS name are different based on configuration. The NetBIOS name is also sent through email notice.  We hope users can identify their board by naming each board based on its purpose or main function.

Tschmidt said:
Correct - that works well when you are viewing the page to keep track of which unit you are viewing.
However the browser tab always displays CAI Webcontrol PLC not the NetBIOS name.

The easy fix would be to ask CAI if they can insert the netbios name into the <title> tag of the <head>

Thus, currently we have:

<head>
<title>CAI WebControl PLC</title>

Changing that to include the netbios name would display in the browser tab on most browsers anyway.

rossw said:
The easy fix would be to ask CAI if they can insert the netbios name into the <title> tag of the <head>

Thus, currently we have:

<head>
<title>CAI WebControl PLC</title>

Changing that to include the netbios name would display in the browser tab on most browsers anyway.

That would not be enough for me since on the tablet, in the browser one cannot read the header.

Efried said:
That would not be enough for me since on the tablet, in the browser one cannot read the header.

You're a real ray of sunshine, arn't you?
My counter:   a tablet isn't a real development platform.
*I* am getting pretty sick of YOUR negative putdown posts at every turn. Does this forum have an "Ignore user" setting?

rossw said:
You're a real ray of sunshine, arn't you?
My counter:   a tablet isn't a real development platform.
*I* am getting pretty sick of YOUR negative putdown posts at every turn. Does this forum have an "Ignore user" setting?
I beg a pardon If I'm not using the WCs like you require.

az1324 said:
The page title is shown on tablet browsers.

yeah . my problem is that I start the browser and there are several larger thumbnails to choose from (recently vistited pages). Once the site is in full screen, I aggree that the headers suffice.

CAI_Support said:
Az1324 suggested greasemonkey for firefox.  I don't know if that app works for IE.

I am trying to learn about Greasemonkey scripts. Not sure what I can do with them.
I was thinking maybe I could use Firefox to view my CAI webpage with 
reformatted temperatures, with my text beside each temperature reading..
Like, Living Room, 68.6F & etc..  Is that even possible to do with a Greasemonkey script?

Thanks,
Rich

Back