Did anyone else lose configuration with eKeypad update today?

CORT

It looks like eKeypad updated on my iPhone today, and in the process, my panel's eKeypad configuration was lost.  Did anyone else have to reconfigure their eKeypad app today (9/6/19)?

Yes, I am the same. Lost config settings and even after re-configuring, does not save.
I followed procedure as per message at the end of config, which says do not force close, but still does not save or work.
I am now getting calls from many customers about this.
I am based in Australia.
Hopefully the app developer is onto it as I did email him.

Cheers,
Philip

Ampcom said:
Yes, I am the same. Lost config settings and even after re-configuring, does not save.
I followed procedure as per message at the end of config, which says do not force close, but still does not save or work.
I am now getting calls from many customers about this.
I am based in Australia.
Hopefully the app developer is onto it as I did email him.

Cheers,
Philip

For me, there was no option in the app to close eKeypad after syncing with the panel.  I pushed the home button on my iPhone (yes mine is old and has a home button), and reopened eKeypad.  The first sync with the panel did not save the configuration, but the second attempt did save.  Good luck.

The app developer got back to me.
His response is as follows:-

“I am sorry. This is a behaviour we are seeing in some installs. Some devices are able to automatically recover the configuration data, but some are not.
It is hard to explain why but it appears to be a side effect of the issue earlier this week that prevented eKeypad from loading the configuration data due to an unexpected iOS change.
A reinstall is required to resolve it.
Be sure to archive any backup files to email before performing the re-install.”

I deleted the app from my iPhone, re-installed the app and re-configured.
All works as designed and required.

I also made some back up files and emailed them to myself for safe keeping in case for a similar event.

Cheers,
Philip

Back