Direct communication with UPB controller?

mjpcomp

I want to know if anyone out there has written some simple app (linux or windows) to send commands to a serial attached UPB PIM...

I've gone through the UPB SDK, but it's a little confusing since I'm trying to skim through it. I just need to send commands to certain lights from the PC, but don't want to have to sit here and use UPStart, or pay for something. I tried getting the UPBJava thing to work, no luck (I hate Java).

I was able to read information being sent across the UPB infrastructure, but I want to send commands, so any thing that can help me do this would be great.

Thanks!

We have some tools that will help you in your struggle to learn and write UPB strings. It is not very intuitive but once you get the hang of it you will zip right along. There are two ways to get the tools... fill out a form on our website or send me an email.

If you are using HyperTerminal to test use these settings: 4800, 8 bits, No parity, 1 stop bit, No flow control... and ASCII settings: Echo, Append & Wrap.

We also have a product that can be helpful... the UPP-20. It has a UPB Explorer function that allows you to view UPB strings.

Brad

Back