DSC DLS5 software

dwalt

I got a DSC PC1832 with keypads mixed into a box of electronics I got. The DSC works fine standalone. I have just about given up getting the DLS5 software working. I have used HAI Dealer Access, ELK RP2 and Ademco Compass software successfully but the DLS5 has got me stumped. I've found all kinds of forums where other people have the same problem. The problem is I never can get the PC1832 recognized by the software. I've tried every combination of wires for the serial connection with no luck. Anyone have any success getting DLS5 working reliably?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you've seen this video already (or already familiar with this), but just in case you haven't, it seems to do a great job showing off the process (and some quirks).

I'm guessing you've seen this video already (or already familiar with this), but just in case you haven't, it seems to do a great job showing off the process (and some quirks).
Don't know what specific video you mean but I did go through youtube and watched some examples of it being used. I followed various instructions and like many of the posters never could get it to recognize the system.
wow, not sure how I forgot to include that one. Here goes:

I had not seen that tutorial before... It had the one clue the other videos didn't. For some reason, you have to disconnect the serial cable after the efficiency bar graph completes then hook it back up before it will switch to communicating. Now I can upload and download.
Thanks

Back