ELK devices arriving today at 3pm

frankdr said:
Yes, put it in the first unused port. It terminates the bus.
Since KP2 is connected to J1, I will put that RJ45 to J2.

That means 16 zones are not ready. Set all 16 zones to " Definition '00-Disabled' " in ElkRP / Inputs (Zones) - Main Board
I guess you are referring to the programming.

You need to have a speaker or Horn on output 2 since it's automatically supervised against being an open circuit (like somebody tries to cut the cable to your alarm siren)
I'm looking at the guide on the M1. Output2 can only accept a bell or a siren. I don't have it. However, I connected ELK-73 speaker on output1. What do I do?

Looks like you're almost there !

Later,
Frank

I'm hoping :)
Thanks!

Not Ready 16Zn
Area 1
put the termination resistors across all the zones... (220 ohm) zone to common

Output 2 Trouble
also another termination resistor but I dont remember if it is the same as the zone I dont think so... but it was included

By the way, I don't have any sensor connected to any of the 16 zones.

edited to add common instead of ground

I have added the 220 ohm resistors to all 16 zones. I do see another resistor and it's the 820 ohm. Is that the one I put on output2? Or can the ELK 73 be put to Out2?

EDIT: found from this link, http://www.laaudiofile.com/elkm1g.html, that I should use 220 ohms too on OUT2. It should be somewhere in the manual :)

Looks like I can also connect a speaker on OUT2.

v1rtu0s1ty said:
I have added the 220 ohm resistors to all 16 zones. I do see another resistor and it's the 820 ohm. Is that the one I put on output2? Or can the ELK 73 be put to Out2?

EDIT: found from this link, http://www.laaudiofile.com/elkm1g.html, that I should use 220 ohms too on OUT2. It should be somewhere in the manual :)

Looks like I can also connect a speaker on OUT2.
You should be using 2200 ohm EOL resistors on each zone.

You should use a 2200 ohm (red-red-red) resistor across output #2 + and - and set global option #26 to voltage output.

IIRC you only use the 820 ohm resistors with 2-wire smoke detectors.

Check out pages 6-7 of the install manual - it details everything.

carry15+1 said:
You should use a 2200 ohm (red-red-red) resistor across output #2 + and - and set global option #26 to voltage output.
Yep, I got it. However, where do you configure "set global option #26"? Which page is it in the manual?

mustangcoupe said:
yes sorry those are 2200 ohm not 220 0hm I missed a zero... :)
Blackie Brown Rode Over Young General Bluebeard's Very Grey Wig. I'll leave out the dirty one. I guess I'm showing my age.

IMHO it is much easier and cleaner to just chance the definition of the zone in RP to Disabled instead of adding EOLS to all zones at the panel. This is what Frank mentioned earlier.

And yes, the 820 is for Zone 16 2 wire smoke EOL.

I was just adding an option as earlier he stated that he didnt get the serial number in time to get the dealer access from elk. I know AO usually provides the software and he has the 2 video disks and 1 unlabeled... but didnt know if the 3 was RP. Unfortunately AO did not include any disks with my purchase and they sent them to me once I notified them... but had to get it running somehow.

Ok folks, I installed ELKRP software on my Windows XP. I connected the M1 to my laptop via serial. I connected via serial. I saw a window which says that it might be a new install. Then after hitting OK, I saw another window which is pasted below. What is it? I've tried many times but it's always like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

elkrp_error.gif

mustangcoupe said:
I was just adding an option as earlier he stated that he didnt get the serial number in time to get the dealer access from elk. I know AO usually provides the software and he has the 2 video disks and 1 unlabeled... but didnt know if the 3 was RP. Unfortunately AO did not include any disks with my purchase and they sent them to me once I notified them... but had to get it running somehow.
Yep, the 3rd disk was the ELK RP. I installed it :) but see previous message.

I installed ELKRP on another laptop running Windows XP. I didn't change the serial number to make sure my RS232 is working fine. It showed a window saying serial number doesn't match. I corrected the serial number and connected to M1 again. It was able to connect, then after few seconds, I received the same dialogue window I posted previously. :)

What step am I missing? By the way, when ELKRP was installed, it asked me to reboot which I did. Just in case you ask.

Thanks!

What version is your ElkRP? If it doesn't load all the way, it should say it on the splash screen assuming you get that far.

Back