Elk M1G keypad firmware upgrade

Spanky:

Upgrade went smoothly for both keypad and panel bootware and firmware. However, I now have a permanent phone fault that doesn't clear by removing ELKRP from the panel. I have had to take the panel out of service. There is telephone going into the panel and telephone coming out of the panel but I cannot clear the phone fault. Any ideas?

Access the M1 from the telephone with *** and access code. It should clear unless the telephone line is not connected correctly.

Sometimes you can just pick up a house phone and it will clear.

The telephone interface IC needs to go through a reset after the download.

Have to look at that again!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Cannot access the M1 via the phone. Dialing *** or *0* does nothing but give me "your call cannot be competed as dialed" message from the phone company. M1 communicated with the CS before the update. I rechecked the telco wiring with a buttset and there is telco in and telco out of the M1. Disconnecting the RJ45 connector on the RJ31X gives me working phones in the location.

ok, I am having the errors for this now. What can I do to fix it? Anyone have the firmware one back from what is at the elk site?

figured it out. Was trying to update all keypads at once when I should have only had 1 hooked up at a time.

Also, if anyone finds this in a search, since the KP2 has no F5, you have to press and hold just the * key.

Back