• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Elk M1G keypad firmware upgrade

rfdesq

Spanky:

Upgrade went smoothly for both keypad and panel bootware and firmware. However, I now have a permanent phone fault that doesn't clear by removing ELKRP from the panel. I have had to take the panel out of service. There is telephone going into the panel and telephone coming out of the panel but I cannot clear the phone fault. Any ideas?

Spanky

Access the M1 from the telephone with *** and access code. It should clear unless the telephone line is not connected correctly.

Sometimes you can just pick up a house phone and it will clear.

The telephone interface IC needs to go through a reset after the download.

Have to look at that again!!

Thanks for the heads up.

rfdesq

Cannot access the M1 via the phone. Dialing *** or *0* does nothing but give me "your call cannot be competed as dialed" message from the phone company. M1 communicated with the CS before the update. I rechecked the telco wiring with a buttset and there is telco in and telco out of the M1. Disconnecting the RJ45 connector on the RJ31X gives me working phones in the location.

dbinaz

ok, I am having the errors for this now. What can I do to fix it? Anyone have the firmware one back from what is at the elk site?

dbinaz

figured it out. Was trying to update all keypads at once when I should have only had 1 hooked up at a time.

Also, if anyone finds this in a search, since the KP2 has no F5, you have to press and hold just the * key.