Elk water shutoff valve (WSV) wiring question

PUt me down as a third on that. The motor is highly geared to provide incredible open/close force which means it is highly geared against manually turning it. I am pretty sure it is just a disk with an arrow on it because they don't want you to use it as a handle.

Personally, I think it might be a bit overkill to put a bypass valve in there for manual override from a stuck off perspective. Water stuck off is never really a dire emergency and if the thing were broken anyway, it would be reasonable to open it up and figure out a manual way of turning it on.

But it would not be overkill to have a second valve to manually shut the water off from a stuck on perspective. Of course there could be a dire emergency here. Most people would have a valve at the street, which is what I use. You should periodically use the street valve as they can seize up in the on position if not actuated for a long period of time.

Thank you but, I was looking for the internal wiring of the valve. I am using a Assured automation valve and the wiring is not the same. It does not use a single common like the elk. I was thinking of using 2 diodes on the common wire. I want to see if elk used diodes or relay inside the valve.

What are the suggested power supplies for ELK-WSV? I will be connecting to my M1G using an external relay.

Could I use a computer power supply (I have several to choose from) plugged into a UPS or should I purchase a new 12v power supply from AutomatedOutlet? As much as I love AO, it would be great recycling...

Back