Elk with no phone line

adamwh

We've recently turned off our land line. Is there a way to tell the Elk to stop looking for a phone line and remove the "phone fault" message from the keypads? I've combed through the menus but can't seem to locate something that does the trick.

We've recently turned off our land line. Is there a way to tell the Elk to stop looking for a phone line and remove the "phone fault" message from the keypads? I've combed through the menus but can't seem to locate something that does the trick.

Silly question but have you unplugged the phone line from the Elk and removed your dialer config? Reason I'm asking is that I've never had a phone line so I don't have anything plugged in nor configured and I do not get the "phone fault" message.

In RP, delete all telephones which are configured.

Silly question but have you unplugged the phone line from the Elk and removed your dialer config? Reason I'm asking is that I've never had a phone line so I don't have anything plugged in nor configured and I do not get the "phone fault" message.

Turns out not to be a silly question at all (except for the removing the line part). It never occurred to me to remove all dialing information, but that worked. I was looking all over for some variable to change. Thanks!

Back