ELKRP Update or Verify not working

surdev said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
EDIT: I would like you to tell us the pins 2, 3 and 5 on one end goes to which pins on the other end.
How to find out the pin number...

[EDIT] found that out in the ELK manual. My serial cable has 9 pin male at one end and 9 pin femal at other end. Male goes to the ELK and female to the PC. I'll check the connection and confirm it.
Yes, it's in the manual but still, what type of cable you used. I'm assuming since you are using a laptop, it could be 9pin to 9pin. Now, don't look at the manual, if you have tester, test the continuity of pins 2, 3 and 5 on both ends. Tell us the pins where it maps too.

EDIT: If you don't have a tester, this is what I usually do and it works. I grab the bulb on the flashlight, grab a wire, connect the wire from the battery to one of the pins, grab another wire, connect it to the bulb, then from the bulb to the other end of the pin, if it lights up, that's the pin's other end. You have to do it one by one but you can connect it directly to the pins.

I don't have a tester, do BestBuy carry them.

Just curious is there any significant reason to those pin #.

-Suresh.

surdev, the reason why I'm asking you to do this is because, the M1 might be experiencing connectivity issues. Again, we are just troubleshooting. It can lead to good results but I'm not guaranteeing that it will do good too.

IMHO, If he can connect to the panel and do everything else, the cable is not the issue.

Is there any set Baud Rate for the connection... i didn't see any option for it in ELKRP.

And also, if there is no files in the \\ELKRP\Updates folder, will the "update/recv" open. Just wondering if the files in the update folder is not visible to the software or they might have been corrupted.

ELKRP auto bauds starting at 115000 baud and working its way down. You can set the baud rate under Globals in the M1. Normally set for 115000 baud by default.

Yes the Update will open if no files are in the Update directory. After selecting which type of device to update, you will get an Error Message if not files are in the directory.

Things to check:

1. Select Account to connect to.

2. When you click the Connect Icon and then the Direct connect drop down selection, does a window pop up saying Connecting to Account XXXX. The window should disappear.

3. The "Send/Rcv" Icon at the top of the page should change from grey to a colored icon.

4. If you click the colored icon, you should get a drop down selection box.

If your system does not work this way, try rebooting the computer.

Re-initialize the M1 to factory options. Goto Globals 45 and enter 99. This will reset all the M1 options just in case some got messed up.

Spanky said:
Things to check:

1. Select Account to connect to.

2. When you click the Connect Icon and then the Direct connect drop down selection, does a window pop up saying Connecting to Account XXXX. The window should disappear.

3. The "Send/Rcv" Icon at the top of the page should change from grey to a colored icon.

4. If you click the colored icon, you should get a drop down selection box.

If your system does not work this way, try rebooting the computer.
I didn't get any window popup during connection. I use the direct connect and once connected the Red light becomes Green.

Send/Recv option does change from grey to color, and I do get the list of options.

One more thing, I don't see any icons in the Account side. In some of the training material/video i can see icons for all the option in Account side (left hand side).

Thanks,
suresh.

This is not really the same, but if all else fails, maybe you should default the M1 and try again. You did mention you changed the installer code - doubt this is it - but something to try as a last resort. Make sure to download settings first.

I would also try another pc as mentioned. Also, you can try to create a new account in RP, instead of using an existing.

If you are not getting Icons on the left tree column, ELKRP is not installed right. This could explain why the Send/Rcv is not changing to colored.

Neil also was missing the icons that I pointed out in this thread, but Suresh DOES get color on the Send/Rcv menu. Spanky - seems like you should route this to your RP guru for comment ;)

Edit: Another thought - did you install RP 1.6.10 as an update, or as the whole package? If you just did the update, maybe you should uninstall, remove the directory and download and install the whole package? It does sound like a sw issue and it is weird that both you and Neil both are missing the icons.

Back