ELKRP Update or Verify not working

Spanky said:
If you are not getting Icons on the left tree column, ELKRP is not installed right. This could explain why the Send/Rcv is not changing to colored.
Is there any place (log file) to check the installation errors. I can press the "Send/Rec" option from the title bar after connecting to M1G and it is not greyed out. But iam not sure if it is colored.

Steve said:
Neil also was missing the icons that I pointed out in this thread, but Suresh DOES get color on the Send/Rcv menu. Spanky - seems like you should route this to your RP guru for comment ;)
Reinstall of RP did the trick :D

Ok.. this is really weird..

I just downloaded the full install of 1.6.10 ELKRP and installed it in my work laptop. I got icons now on the Account tree side. Woohooo!

I'll try to re-install the full installation for ELKRP in my home pc when i get home and I hope it fixes the issue. When i downloaded the copy of the full install (1.6.10) last night it did not save properly, because IE thinks the file name is big and tried to use the different extension. I manually changed the extension to .exe and executed the install.

Thanks,
Suresh.

Ok. Bad news...No luck.. Still same problem with ELKRP installation in my home pc.

This is nothing to do with the ELKRP software, something wrong with the MS window installer. My MicroSoft Windows Installer Version is 3.1, iam not sure if that makes any difference. Tried re-installing multiple number of time still the same problem, Icons does not appear, no animated pop up connecting to the control.

Good news, the ELKRP installed in my work laptop works GREAT with out any problem. Icons appear, animated pop up appear when connecting with ELK M1G. I even Updated the firmware/bootware of the ELK M1G with out any problem.

Now I got to figure out what the heck is wrong with Windows installer in my home pc or it is anything to do with AVG Antivirus or it is anything to do with the firewall protection.

I have downloaded many # of other software and installed them without any problem, but some thing screwy happening now. Is there any special system requirements to install ELKRP ???

Iam so Sorry to ask too many questions here, and Thanks for great support.

Thanks,
Suresh.

I recently updated an older version of RP to the latest on one of my virtual machines (worked for many months), and ElkRP is really screwed up now. Nothing happens when I try to start RP. I was going to blame RP, but I then installed it on my regular PC, and it works fine. I haven't had the time yet to do any real research, but I never had any problems until the latest version.

surdev said:
Ok. Bad news...No luck.. Still same problem with ELKRP installation in my home pc.

This is nothing to do with the ELKRP software, something wrong with the MS window installer. My MicroSoft Windows Installer Version is 3.1, iam not sure if that makes any difference. Tried re-installing multiple number of time still the same problem, Icons does not appear, no animated pop up connecting to the control.

Good news, the ELKRP installed in my work laptop works GREAT with out any problem. Icons appear, animated pop up appear when connecting with ELK M1G. I even Updated the firmware/bootware of the ELK M1G with out any problem.

Now I got to figure out what the heck is wrong with Windows installer in my home pc or it is anything to do with AVG Antivirus or it is anything to do with the firewall protection.

I have downloaded many # of other software and installed them without any problem, but some thing screwy happening now. Is there any special system requirements to install ELKRP ???

Iam so Sorry to ask too many questions here, and Thanks for great support.

Thanks,
Suresh.
Did you say Windows 3.1? If so, there are many dll controls that are not in that version. Grab Windows XP.

v1rtu0s1ty said:
Did you say Windows 3.1? If so, there are many dll controls that are not in that version. Grab Windows XP.
Which Installer version does XP uses??? i think it is 3.0 ???

It got downloaded when i went to IE 7.0 Beta..

I am having this exact same problem under Windows *Vista* - The "Update or Verify Firmware" option on the Send/Rcv menu causes absolutely nothing to happen, despite the fact that I am connected and every other feature is working. I've actually been having this issue since day 1 (2 weeks ago) and have been meaning to post about it here - when I saw this old thread, I figured I'd just pile on to it. I am the using the latest version of RP, and Jim at Automated Outlet personally updated my M1 to the latest firmware at the AO shop last week. However, I still need to update my XRF, XEP, XSP, DBH, etc.
Something of note, using Vista, there are other features which are not working properly, or at all. The help system is completely disabled, and clicking on either of the Help options throws the following pop-up:

"The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which was used in previous versions of Windows and it is not supported in Windows Vista."

Clicking "About" from the Help menu does absolutely nothing at all, just like the firmware update option.

I guess I should read other threads before asking this, but since the original poster was using a later version of the Windows installer, I thought it might be relavent to ask: Is this just a compatibility issue with Vista in general that is causing all of these things? I have a dual-boot with XP, but I need to run Vista on this machine since it is also my HTPC and is connected to the DLP in the family room (I demand multi-tasking from all of my machines for the sake of efficiency, to allow me to buy more Elk goodies). Anyway, I've already integrated all of my media into Vista MCE, and going to back to XP at this point because of a compatibility problem with RP would seem.....anticlimactic. So, are these now known issues, and will there be a release targeted for Vista compatibility? I guess I should install it on my XP partition anyway, to see if that is actually the problem (and I will do that, and update all my firmware from XP if possible), but I still think these are relevant questions. Thanks.

ELK is looking for some beta sites that have Vista and it not running correctly.

Our Vista installations all run, but we have had reports of field problems with Vista.

OK - I'll handle it in XP - no worries. I'm assuming I can just point the XP installation to the appropriate db on my Vista drive.

Are you meaning for me to infer that I could contact Elk about becoming a Vista beta tester? I'd love that, although I wouldn't refer to myself as a "site" per se, - I'm just a married guy with a new hobby.

Are you meaning for me to infer that I could contact Elk about becoming a Vista beta tester? I'd love that, although I wouldn't refer to myself as a "site" per se, - I'm just a married guy with a new hobby.
Spanky is fully aware that most of the posters & Elk users here are not professional installing dealers, so don't let that bother you. But, we often have the time and skills to help Elk beta test or troubleshoot stuff in our own homes so I assume that is why the offer was made.

OK - I'd love to get involved with this, if your assumption is correct Wayne. Please advise how to proceed. Thanks.

Back