ElkRP2 communication rejected

I had the same issue. For it turned out to be a corrupted database. Luckily, I had done a backup just a week before and was able to restore the database and then all has been fine since. I did run into a new issue with my Windows8 upgrade using the secure port. Win8 will only connect RP to the M1EXP via a non secure port.

So if it is a corrupt database won't one of the default accounts get you in? It says the "System rejected the Remote Programming Access Code." That makes me think it is the code (password) that is wrong. I have tried the default and my only code I have used and neither worked. Could it be corrupt on the hardware side and if so how to fix that as I can't log on to it?
I am on Windows XP and not changed much on this system so not sure why this is happening. Is there a way to do a wipe (clear all memory) on the Elk to reset it to default?

If the default RP access code isn't letting you in and you changed it (either known or unknown) and that code isn't letting you in, then RP connection isn't going to happen without returning the board to Elk.

Part of the panel anti-takeover security aspect.

This post really helped me out. I was going crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to my Elk M1 using Windows 8...and then I went by the earlier suggestion of changing to the Non-Secure Port (2101) from the Secure Port (2601), and it works fine. At least I can access from my LAN.

Back