Existing Alarm & Automation Options

Tater, I just read through your thread, and although I'm not quite to the point of making a decision, I'm doing research. Hope you don't mind me piggy-backing your thread, but I'm also leaning towards the Vera setup. I'm new to HA in general, and I think the main question I have right now is; is any z-wave device compatible with Vera? Or, do you have to choose from the products on their site?

Also, when you state that your using an Android tablet as a keypad, are you running the Vera app at all times? Or is it directed to a webpage that has the controls up?

The main Zwave interface is actually the Leviton VRC0P so that is the interface all devices are tested against and the one Vera likely emulates for compatibility. With that said, I haven't read of any compatibility issues with the Vera and think it is a great device though I haven't used it. I doubt you'd have compatibility issues and if you do, it is because of the device, not the Vera. Stick to mainstream switches and you'll be fine.

potts.mike said:
One of Vera's bug selling points is compatibility with all zwave devices.

Except that's not exactly true.  There are a couple of motion sensors that do not work with it.  One is made by Aeon, and the other is the CA9000 or something like that.  Pretty much everything else does work though.

Back