Haiku feature request

tigers

as I said in one of my prviuos post I'm using a IP camera as gate watcher.
I have set up a relais that activates one of the security zone on the expansion board whenever someone rings the doorbell.
I then wrote some code that executes a "doorbell" button when the zone goes on alarm, and told Haiku that this button is the run button for my IP camera.

everything works fine as long as I am running Haiku when the doorbell rings. The problem is when I'm not running it or just running in te background as I usually do: I launch Haiku but the button is already been executed and the camera doesn't show up.
I have a partial workaround setting up a flag that stays on for 40 seconds when someone rings, and then making the OmniPro II check it every 5 seconds and running the "doorbell" button if so.
anyway this means that the camera doesn't show up instantaneously and it keeps coming in the foreground for 40 seconds.

Wouldn't be possible to activate the camera not with a button but with a flag? Haiku could check for a certain flag at startup and if it finds it's ON then it shows the camera and turns it off.
also I use buttons to open the external gate and my main door, and I noticed the swipe up gesture for the favourite buttons doesn't show up while the camera is on full screen. Can it be enabled in there?

thanks in advance if you could implement these.

Back