Firmware V314a Glitch

pete_c

Guru
Wondering here if I should open a ticket relating to this issue. 

I have a mixture of Omnitouch 5.7's and Omnitouch 5.7e's. 

I also have in place the combination video hub / Omnitouch 5.7 power hub.

While I have the CCTV cams displaying in the Omnitouch 5.7's and Omnitouch 5.7e's I have never used the pop up video feature on the Omnitouch 5.7's.  I went to my HAI software and software touchscreens for this stuff (just faster for me).

A day or so ago tested a CCTV single camera pop up with the doorbell ring.  It doesn't work on the Omnitouch 5.7 screens.

I am reposting this message here.

I just updates to,3.14a on an omni pro 2, it has the analog video board/power hub and the original 5.7 touchscreens, I had a rule prior to,updating was 3.11, when door not ready display camera x on touchscreen x, rule has not changes but cameras no longer show on screens, any ideas?

Thanks and happy holidays
I
t doesn't work here either.

Here have firmware 3.14a on my OPII.

I have Omnitouch 5.7 / 5.7e screens up with the HAI analog video board / power hub feed by older analog cams and newer IP cams (using  a decoder/encoder board) and the 5.7e screens configured to the IP cameras configured in the Omnitouch 5.7e screens.

Just paying attention here as the frontdoor doorbell never rings and I do much stuff in software. 

I created an automation block to show the front door camera on the Omnitouch 5.7 screens.  The PCA initial drop down for the cameras showed the Omnitouch 5.7e configured cameras (IP).  None the less the Omnitouch 5.7 screen did not show the camera popup when the doorbell event occurred.  I went back to PCA redoing the automation lines and this next time it just showed the camera numbers as seen on the Omnitouch 5.7 screens.  Saved the configuration to the panel and tried again.  It did not work.  I did add a post to log thing at the end of the doorbell event and posted the event fine to the log.

Another personal concern is that the Omnitouch 5.7e's do a fine job displaying the configured cameras in PCA while in the Omnitouch Pro software (which resembles the Omnitouch 5.7e's) video configuration in the software configuration is only set up for the legacy Omnitouch analog to server configuration (Axis server) and doesn't behave like the Omnitouch 5.7e's.  The only way to get around this is to use the designer to redo the Omnitouch Pro software screens.

Called Leviton / HAI support regarding the issue. 

- CST initial guesstimate relating to the pop up camera function on the Omnitouch 5.7 in firmware 3.11 and not functioning in firmware 3.14A was maybe due to the introduction of the same said feature on the new Omnitouch 7 screens and PCA configuration.
- CST mentioned that the newest firmware version 3.14A has been out now for 6 months and no one complained about this issue
- CST validated concern testing it as previously mentioned.  It did not work with the Omnitouch 5.7 / camera pop up.
- A ticket has been opened for said issue. 

I can confirm the loss of this feature. Leviton is hopeless. I have two more glitches:

Ever since my update in my Snaplink on my ipad, I have white bars where the door descrition is supposed to be. I cannot see the labels any longer. - see pictures

I upgraded to 3.14 this past weekend, with the loss of the video when my doorbell rings on my 5.7's , I now have shade buttons on my Omnitouch but the bottom close buttong is showing up as "squashed".

Attachments

• Ipad Glitch.jpg
    Ipad Glitch.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 6
  • squashed Omni Button.jpg
    squashed Omni Button.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
Hello,

After upgrading a customer site, some problems have been encountered that need to be looked into:

Currently, all the Omnitouch 5.7's no longer perform a screen pop when programmed to do so. This needs to be brought back immediately as the customer (senior) uses this to see who's at the door when the bell is rung. The OTP 7 now screen pops (nice) why is everything else now broken?

The one omnitouch 7 has an issue with the display of the shades button, the lower button appears to be "squashed". I have flashed the unit 3 times without being able to correct the problem. (see photo)

The HAI snaplink description bar on the ipad is white in color and it's masking the decription of the door. (see photo)

I understand the need for Leviton to move forward with software, however it seems that things are being rushed and NOT checked or soak testing properly leaving your customers to have to bear the brunt of these malfunctions.

Please advise how to correct items 1,2 and 3 or eta on a solution to these problems if they are software related.

Rod Heusdens

@Rod,

Open a CS ticket with Leviton HAI.

I was told that they were not aware the issues when I opened a CS ticket.  They did validate the issue / concern.

There are probably many folks out there that have not upgraded their firmware lately.

pete_c said:
There are probably many folks out there that have not upgraded their firmware lately.

With these kinds of problems seeming to be the norm nowadays with new releases, who can blame them?

Leviton's response:
I will forward the issue of the 5.7 pop ups to engineering. As to the other issues, they have been addressed by engineering and will be fixed in upcoming releases.

So.. they know about both issues and I guess not about the 5.7 issue as you mentioned. I wonder how long it will take before they fix things. Maybe it's time to dig out that OT 7 thats new in box I have not installed yet and fix the 5.7's that are not working.

I will forward the issue of the 5.7 pop ups to engineering. As to the other issues, they have been addressed by engineering and will be fixed in upcoming releases.

Curious if they provided a ticket number for the 5.7 pop up issue?

Funny here the CST did state the priority went to the OT 7 development while wiping out the stuff for the Omnitouch 5.7's and that no one reported any issues. 

That is a ridiculous faux pas and dings them and their long time users primarily creating cuss word replacements for Leviton and HAI.

Personally folks I know that have been using the OPII / Omnitouch / security / Omnistats / Audio stuff do not play with their stuff or update their firmware such that they would never know.  IE: they are mostly happy with their Omnitouch 5.7's (well initial investments into their systems).

My install environment is fluid and changes often, I wanted the shade integration piece active, I do like he better resolution on the OT 7's for videdo/CCTV but again, I am sitll having outages on the units, where they lock up and say "Connecting...." and need a hard reboot. Leviton needs to soak test their software better.

@rhombixt:

Just FYI, I reported the "squashed" down button on the shades screen to Leviton just after the FW update was released. So it's not just you.

That they didn't see/test this utterly astounds me.

That it may be 9-months or longer (based on history) before it *may* be fixed astounds me slightly less.

This is how they sell more Touchscreens and make the 5.7's obsolete :D
pete_c said:
Curious if they provided a ticket number for the 5.7 pop up issue?

Funny here the CST did state the priority went to the OT 7 development while wiping out the stuff for the Omnitouch 5.7's and that no one reported any issues. 

That is a ridiculous faux pas and dings them and their long time users primarily creating cuss word replacements for Leviton and HAI.

Personally folks I know that have been using the OPII / Omnitouch / security / Omnistats / Audio stuff do not play with their stuff or update their firmware such that they would never know.  IE: they are mostly happy with their Omnitouch 5.7's (well initial investments into their systems).

Back