GamePort Monitor ***BETA***

it's a regular joystick - uses the gameport on a soundcard. your app recognizes the presence of a joystick when it starts up.

regardless of whether or not i have the joystick plugged in, when i start the app it says:

Number of connected joysticks: 1
Number of joysticks the driver supports: 16
loading profile for port #0
loading profile for port #1
GamePort Monitor 1.0.4 started

so it's seeing 2 ports? I am wondering if it is confused somehow by that. Has this ever worked for you? (don't remember if you used it with HS before or not).

I played with this and noticed that the polling time needs to be lowered for testing. A "standard" button press is likely to be missed at one second intervals.

I assume that Command is for a full path and filename?

electron,

yes it's seeing 2 ports. i cleared out the config file & started it w/ no joystick. it saw 1 port. i plugged in the joystick & restarted & it sees 2 ports. i don't have HS which is why i asked for standalone.

tony,

is polling required to make this work? i didn't have to put the full pathname. i assume it uses your path environment variable because i just put "notepad" in the command and that worked when i clicked the simulated button presses.

Polling is indeed required, I personally used to set it to 50ms without any problems.

I will have to hook up a joystick this weekend and find out what's going on, this used to work without any problems, and I didn't make any changes to the code (just commented out 2 lines).

oops. i ignored the polling setting & didn't click the enable box above it. i bet that's the problem. i'll give it a try tonight when i get home from work & let you know.

ok i've got it working. eventhough it shows 2 gameports, gameport0 is what i want to use.

however, i only want to run an app when the button is on, but if i leave the off command blank, the app says "runtime error 53 file not found" and exits. if i put a command for the off command, as soon as gameport.exe starts, it starts to execute the off command over & over... and every time i push a button, the on command will execute & the off command will execute over & over when let go of the button. i think the app should be made to not do anything if the command is not specified.

That might be a programming error, will have to check it out later tonight or tomorrow, thanks for testing!

has this been fixed? i completely forgot all about it w/ all the other projects i've got going on :)

hehe, oops :) I haven't gotten anything done since lightning hit my house and blew up most of my equipment. It will probably be a bit before I get a chance to work on this stuf again.

yeah i figured you have other things to deal with. i got lots of other projects to keep me busy in the meantime :)

Back