GE NX-548E Compatability with ELK M1?

obwanknobe

Doe anyone know if the GE NX-548E 48 Zone Wireless Receiver is compatable with ELK M1?

I note that it comes in a plastic enclosure and I want to mount it separate from the panel.

It is supposed to be compatible but I'm waiting for Spanky to confirm it. However, I don't think it comes with a plastic enclosure as a standard, you have to buy it separately.

FYI Elk is coming out with their own receiver any day now (ok maybe a few weeks) from what I hear. It will have more zone capabilities and go on the 4 wire buss.

There is a minor tweak in the M1 software which is in the next software upgrade for the NX-548 RF Receiver.

I presume the "minor" tweak is available. I am starting a new home next month and in the process of acquiring alarm parts. Not sure if I can wait for ELK receiver.
I can get the NX-548 for around $50 now...

Thanks for everyone's help

ELK hopes to get the next software released next week, week of march 5th if final beta testing results are all good.

This new software release is required for the new ELK 144 zone, GE/Caddx/ITI compatible receiver, M1XRF.

Any idea of actual release date and pricing? I'm in the same boat... need wireless, was going to get the NX-548... definitely would be interested in an ELK branded module if it's coming soon.

politics123 said:
Any idea of actual release date and pricing? I'm in the same boat...
The boat is filling up... I was getting ready to buy the GE/Caddx when I read something Spanky posted in January, and I've been holding since. I really don't need many zones at all, so if the cost is going to be more than the smaller GE units, then it makes no sense for me to wait. But if it's competitive, I'd rather get the Elk unit.

politics123 said:
Any idea of actual release date and pricing? I'm in the same boat... need wireless, was going to get the NX-548... definitely would be interested in an ELK branded module if it's coming soon.
Are you able to get the NX548? I went to a GE training seminar recently and I was told that they had been pulled from the shelves until further notice. Maybe they have been rereleased by now.

I get spanky doesn't want to give it up just yet. If we coud at least get a price range. I only need a few zones as well.

All I have been told on the pricing is that it would be close to the price of the 48 port caddx board - not sure if that means caddx list price or discounted prices though.

Spanky,

I know you can't guarentee any dates or pricing, but if you could guess... Would you expect the M1XRF being available in the next month?? I just purchased the NX-548E, but I would sure like the 144 zones in the M1XRF if possible, but I don't want to wait more the say 30 days or so...

I know it's just a guess... :)

John

Back