Getting a true 240 FPS from your eBay card

Anybody applied the upgrade 4.13?
It works OK but the screens are blank.
When you enter setup you can see the individual camera pictures but not on the quad screen. Plus it does not record from the cameras.
I guess its a video card issue as in the settings it asks for the VIP card as the video card.
Any ideas anyone?

I had read on the CCTV forums that only version 4.11 works with the ebay kodicom card. So I never tried to upgrade.

Kodicom uses such little CPU, that I think I am going to try to run blue iris or active web cam simultaneously just for motion detection and integration with homeseer.

Cross your fingers!

Yes, I did that when I first installed KC on another PC, with the cameras split via Tee pices and it worked reasonably, but there was some sort of interference from the grabber cards that affected the KC card and the video quality was not that good. As soon as I disconnected from the grabber machine the video improved 100% But I wanted to free up the PC with all the grabber cards, which is why I went for KC so I never continued with the two machines.

You should install 4.3 and just look at all the features it has. E-mail, masses of additional things. Mabey I will have another go over the holiday?
I reinstalled 4.11 + drivers aftwards with no problems. What we really need is another "Clone" from HK with 4.3 on it. I would be first on the list.

I must say backing up to a remote PC is causing me problems. I don't know much, in fact nothing, about opening ports and the like, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.
Cheers

Brendon_Grimshaw said:
Anybody applied the upgrade 4.13?
It works OK but the screens are blank.
When you enter setup you can see the individual camera pictures but not on the quad screen. Plus it does not record from the cameras.
I guess its a video card issue as in the settings it asks for the VIP card as the video card.
Any ideas anyone?
I am using 4.13 with my eBay card without any problems. Where is 4.3 available for download?

Does anyone know if this card/software is capable of taking a snapshot of each camera on a timed interval? I want to be able to save a file from each camera and have it updated every x seconds (i.e. camera1.jpg, camera2.jpg...).

thanks!

Joe

I want to try the upgrade. Can anyone point me to a copy of the 4.13 software? And Brendan, where did you get the 4.3 software?

I upgraded to 4.13, and it works great. I haven't tried the e-mail notification, but thats wonderful that it finally supports it, and that kodicom still upgrades their software.

Brendan, are you using an ATI video card? I read that non-ATI cards may have trouble.

I am thinking about buying an ATI card with svideo-out so that I can view the cameras from a tv. Has anyone used tried this with the ATI card and diginet?

Be careful upgrading to 4.13. It is my understanding that this software wants to run on a dedicated machine and some of the abilities to get to the desktop while DigiNet is running was removed after v4.11.

It has been a while since I read the release notes and blogs, but double check that you are not losing features you want by upgrading.

I would like to hear back from some of the people that upgraded to 4.13 and see if they think it was worth it.

Vaughn

No luck with the upgrade to 4.13!! Still the same as before!
Blank screens, yet the individual cameras show a picture.
The card is NVIDIA 64meg one using an ATI chip so
I can’t expect that much.
What cards are you guys using?
Cheers and a Happy New year to you all.

You are only using 1 vga port on your video card? I get good video on one monitor and blank video on the other. It is a DirectX thingy where even though the desktop shows on both, video on streams to one.

It is the only thing I can think of for you. Go into the advanced video settings in Windows and look for a primary/secondary monitor setting and make sure you are looking at the primary.

Vaughn

Looks like I've done it again, not explaining myself, that is.
What I mean't to say was, I get blank screens on the quad view, yet I can see the camera images when I go into the setup. Strange.
Cheers

My card became a little flakey at 640x480. Lots of video glitches and lack of screen updates. I would make sure to run all your initial tests at 320x240.

I have a question relating to my suggestion: When using this card in 640x480, can using 380line camera cause problems? I have a lot of cheap CMOS camera and was wondering if they could be contributing to my 640x480 problems.

Thanks,
Vaughn

Brendan, where did you find an Nvidia card with ATI chip? Anyways, I just built a second machine for my parents with a pentiumIII 800, and a super cheap video card (compusa PCI Radeon 7000 card with 32MB). Diginet wouldn't work with it because the memory was too low. I then got a better one (EPox ATI card with 128 MB ram, VGA, DVI, and TV-out) and it works great. ($34 from Newegg)

ver0776 was right, picture is great on the monitor, but no video on the TV-out. So don't waste your money trying to do a dual display.

ver 4.13 of diginet does try to prevent you from running other programs. alt-tab and the keyboard start button don't work. I was able to program hot-keys that allow me to launch a web browser or remote desktop to my main computer.

It also hogs up the com port! I was going to connect my cm11A to that port!

I just had my camera repaired, and I am using the Kodicom card. After several tries, I now have version 4.13 controling my Pan tilt camera. Now to see what else I can make it do.

Steve

Back