HAI-LEVITON DRIVEWAY SENSOR

dontheo

I have a HAI Omni Pro II and a driveway sensor which triggers the voice module.  A contractor working at the house knocked it off the mount and threw it out.  Long story.  Does anyone know what my options are to replace it?  I can’t find one for sale.

Thanks

Ted

You can monitor ebay to buy it, you can still find some on-line (maybe north of $400) or you can replace it with Dakota alert sensor and receiver with a relay that you can wire to one of the HAI zones.

Here have been testing the "el cheapo" 433Mhz driveway sensors to a modded with Tasmota Sonoff 433Mhz hub using MQTT to an ESP01 Relay connected to one zone on the OmniPro 2 panel.

It works.

"El Cheapo" 433Mhz driveway sensor (or two of them) ===> Sonoff 433Mhz RF hub converted to Tasmota ===> speaking MQTT ==> Triggering an ESP01 converted to Tasmota Relay ==> OmniPro 2 panel driveway zone input (in the basement)

So the Tasmota devices utilize Wireless.  Wireless here is Ruckus WAP(s).  The Sonoff RF hub is using 433Mhz.  

Sensor (433Mhz) ==> Sonoff 433Mhz RF hub which speaks on WLAN

If the 433Mhz device is not in the included DB of the RF Hub then you decode what you see and use that.  

Thanks to all.  If I buy the el cheap which is the same megahertz, won’t it work with the HAI receiver.  For the cost I will try it and let everyone know.  

Ted

pete_c said:
Looking up the Leviton Driveway sensor FCC ID: U5X-RE304A

It is a RE-304 Resolution Products Driveway sensor.  It is discontinued Still sold old stock probably.  I googled it and found this:

https://www.lowvoltagesupply.com/alula-Resolution-RE304-Driveway-DSC-Compatible-p/re304.htm
I have two of those. Both run an 2 C batteries. Have been running 6+ years, in extreme temps. (was like 117 today) and they both run great. I think I changed the batteries once.

Starting to tinker here with long range outdoor driveway sensors which speak 433Mhz talking to a Tasmota modded Sonoff 433Mhz RF hub. 

The RF hub speaks MQTT which in turn speakers to a modded Tasmota ESP01 relay which then triggers an Leviton/HAI OmniPro 2 zone.

I have switched over to using an outdoor 433Mhz PIR replacing the Hikvision video DB PIR as it was way too sensitive and it works fine.

It is not an off the shelf replacement.  

Thanks to all.  Finally got home and was able to enroll the new driveway sensor into the system.  The STI brand looks identical to the HAI/Leviton model of sensor.  Right down to the instructions.  

Anyway, it works fine and saves about 250 dollars by buying the STI.  

I really want to upgrade the entire system, but that’s for another day.

Thanks to all again.

Ted

So the STI paired up with the HAI Wireless stuff?

Good to know ...as I had removed the references above to STI.

Did you purchase the STI-34101 driveway sensor?

Pete, I have been looking for one of these as a spare.   Mine work great and no mess with wires.

From the size and shape, it appears that the STI-34159 is a better match.

I'll probably get one here as I have been tinkering lately with using the 433Mhz long range PIRs ==> MQTT ==> ESP01 relay to a zone on the alarm panel.

If it doesn't work then I can return it to Amazon.

I have the 42A00-2 and 45A00-1 but they are not connected right now.  I am using all wired sensors at this time.  I am guessing it is the GE one that I should use eh?

I bought a STI-34159 to test.    The circuit board is identical to the Leviton driveway sensor EXCEPT the transmitter circuitry.   I was unable to enroll it in my Omni Pro II system.  Dontheo, can you help me understand the exact STI model you are using?

The good news is that it comes with a wireless receiver, so I could hook the receiver up to a spare input on the OmniPro in a pinch.

Back