HAI Omni and Zigbee lights

Thanks Ano.  The posting of #  191273347068 states ...

Summarization
Zigbee Monochrome slave is a node controller of Zigbee multipoint control system in our company, it adopts Zigbee Intelligent network, automatic recovery technology, Zigbee standard protocol.Integral synchronous control and single point of control can be achieved through Android, iOS system client software.

This controller has a variety of built-in static mode, not only can be controlled through client software, but also can achieve dimming by controlling buttons. With the features of simple operation,flexible controlling and convenient installation, it make the control of led easier and more humanized, which brings a colorful smart lighting experience to users.

Technical Parameters:
working voltage: DC12-24V                        
communication protocol: Zigbee wireless communication protocols
working temperature: -20-60 ℃                        
networking mode: Zigbee Network
working power consumption: <1W(12V)                      
networking protocol: ZigbeeIEEE 802.15.4
Communication distance: Less than 50m
Output: 1 channel(common anode)8A/CH                  
working frequency: 2.4GHz
packing size: L105*W64*H40mm
transmitting power:-1dbm
external dimension: L99*W51*H24mm
receiving sensitivity: -91dbm
net weight: 51.7g
gross weight: 102.2g

So I might give it a try as I think too the same device or similar is on Amazon.  Still finding stuff cheaper on Ebay though than Amazon here.

I was going to write to the seller anyways to see what they tell me about the product.

Did anybody try to pair Lutron Connected Remote? http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/Components/ConnectedBulbRemoteControl/Overview.aspx
If it can be enrolled and used with Omni, it would be a great remote button to controll lights, scenes, macros and etc.

So far successfully connected: GE Link Bulbs, Cree Connected Bulb (after reset and multiple attempts), Centralite appliance module, Centralite outlet, Smartenit Pool Contactor and meter (thanks to ANO), and Osram Connected Bulb.
Got my hands to couple of NYCE sensors, all of the enroll to the network, however they cant be used with HAI.
I also read that Philips HUE can be paired to ZHA system after being reset to defaults, however I didn't try it, the bulbs are kind of pricey.

So far the GE Link and the CentraLIte modules were the easiest to install/configure and the most reliable.

lubeto said:
Did anybody try to pair Lutron Connected Remote? http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/Components/ConnectedBulbRemoteControl/Overview.aspx
If it can be enrolled and used with Omni, it would be a great remote button to controll lights, scenes, macros and etc.

So far successfully connected: GE Link Bulbs, Cree Connected Bulb (after reset and multiple attempts), Centralite appliance module, Centralite outlet, Smartenit Pool Contactor and meter (thanks to ANO), and Osram Connected Bulb.
Got my hands to couple of NYCE sensors, all of the enroll to the network, however they cant be used with HAI.
I also read that Philips HUE can be paired to ZHA system after being reset to defaults, however I didn't try it, the bulbs are kind of pricey.

So far the GE Link and the CentraLIte modules were the easiest to install/configure and the most reliable.
The Omni can only operate Home Automation (HA) loads, locks, and possibly thermostats. If it isn't a load, lock, or thermostat, the code is not in the Omni to control it, but the ZIM will pair with any Zigbee HA device.

I thought the Cree bulbs would work, but other people have said they are Light Link, but it looks like they are smart enough to do either protocol. Cool. 

I like the GE Bulbs too. Cheap and reliable.  I'll have to try the Centralite devices.

So anyone know the difference between the GE Quirky POTLK-WH02 and the POTLK-WH01?  These are the Zigbee outlets. I have the 02's and they work great, but sometimes see the 01 versions. 

For $25-$30 these outlets are great. They are repeaters and they even report energy usage and are cheaper than UPB outlets.  Time will tell to see how long they last.

ano said:
So anyone know the difference between the GE Quirky POTLK-WH02 and the POTLK-WH01?  These are the Zigbee outlets. I have the 02's and they work great, but sometimes see the 01 versions. 

For $25-$30 these outlets are great. They are repeaters and they even report energy usage and are cheaper than UPB outlets.  Time will tell to see how long they last.
Say that again... the GE Quirky 02's report energy usage?  Is that on the outlet for the plugged in device?  Is the energy usage just available on the HAI ZIM (I think that's what you use?) or can it be read anywhere else?  Interesting.

cobra said:
Say that again... the GE Quirky 02's report energy usage?  Is that on the outlet for the plugged in device?  Is the energy usage just available on the HAI ZIM (I think that's what you use?) or can it be read anywhere else?  Interesting.
Let me step back because this is one of those kinda-works-sometimes features, and i just tested the outlet and it doesn't work.

So part of the Zigbee standard is the ability to monitor the electric usage of devices controlled by Zigbee, and this GE Quirky 02 outlet supports it. Use a Wink or Smartthings hub and it will display how much power the device plugged in is using.

Some years ago HAI also added this ability to read the power of Zigbee devices and display it.  This value is NOT in the ZIM as far as I know, but it is displayed in PC Access for Zigbee devices.  If you click on the Status/Control tab, go to Units, and scroll down to your Zigbee device you will see a status that says On or Off and next to it a (0w) .  This is where the power is displayed. 

This feature DOES in fact work for HAI Zigbee devices. It also should work for Smartenit Zigbee devices, or it does for the ones I have. This wasn't always the case, but many years back I wrote HAI and told them Smartenit devices don't report correctly, and they fixed it.  Unfortunately, the Quirky devices don't seem to report correctly. 

I'm sure this is just a simple HAI bug, but will they fix it? Probably not. In any case It DOES work with some Zigbee devices.  Now is it useful? Not really since the Omni can't access this info in programming. It is a neat feature because potentially a Zigbee Home Automation system could potentially monitor your power usage of all your appliances. 

lubeto you mentioned that you use the Smartenit Pool Contactor and meter. I was wondering, does it report the power usage?  That would be interesting to know.

Ah, ok, that's what I expected, but it's interesting information.  If Leviton was actively expanding the functionality, it sounds like the Omni could get at power usage on zigbee.

It does open some interesting possibilities if the controller could ever make use of it. For example if your pool pump started drawing more or less power than normal, this could indicate a problem. 

I had a bunch of sump pumps fail, power monitoring could have detected some of them, I bet (the one that was running continuously underwater, for example...)

Still going baby steps here I noticed the (0w) come up in PCA on the Securifi Zigbee appliance module that didn't supposedly have energy monitoring then disappear on my next reset.  Never did it change from the (0w) value in PCA when I did see it.

I have not seen it on the Securifi Zigbee Peanut appliance module.

Way back here updated the Securifi Peanut appliance module with firmware that allowed to see energy usage.

pete_c said:
Still going baby steps here I noticed the (0w) come up in PCA on the Securifi Zigbee appliance module that didn't supposedly have energy monitoring then disappear on my next reset.  Never did it change from the (0w) value in PCA when I did see it.

I have not seen it on the Securifi Zigbee Peanut appliance module.

Way back here updated the Securifi Peanut appliance module with firmware that allowed to see energy usage.
If the (0w) displays, then the Omni "believes" it can display power, but it doesn't always work. But sometimes it does. I've only seen it work for HAI Zigbee devices and Smartenit devices.

Back