HAI PIM Cable Diagram

tyroiii

Hi,

I've been poking around this board for a while and was on the fence between getting UPB or Insteon. I finally decided on UPB, so I went ahead and ordered a few UPB switches and plug in modules from both Simply Automated and HAI to compare the products before I purchase more. I ordered the HAI PIM module also, but didn't know that I needed to order the serial wire also. Since I plan on playing around with this this weekend, does any know the cable diagram for the HAI PIM? I was just going to wire it to a DB9 plug. Or if anyone know in the NYC where I can get the DB9 serial cable for HAI PIM.

Thanks,
Charley

Hi tyroiii,

Welcom to the board!

Now that I've said that, go elsewere........ :D

Seriously though, jump over to the Worthington Solutions board and dig around some. There is a tech note there that shows how to make a serial cable for the HAI. I haven't played with the new HAI PIM module, so I don't know if it uses the same serial connection that HAI uses elsewere, but it's worth a try.

EDIT
Just took a quick look through the tech note section, and it looks like they have pulled the one on how to make a cable. I caught a blurb in one note that they no longer recommend making cables because of the number of problems people have had. You can dig around and see if you find anything else. If not, let me know and I can see if I have the original PDF when I get home Saturday (I'm at the relatives for turkey day).

tyroiii said:
so I went ahead and ordered a few UPB switches and plug in modules from both Simply Automated and HAI to compare the products before I purchase more.
Please, post here your opinion about each of the two brands.

I will once I get them working. I brought the male DB9, need the female. I haven't used my serial port for awhile.. I should be hitting up Radio Shack today.

hotwire said:
Try this post.

Hope this helps,
Kenny
Thanks. This worked out like a charm, especially after I recognized that it was pins 1,2,3,5 that was used from the PIM and not 1,2,3,4...

I'll add my feedback on SA switch, plug in and HAI switch in a new thread.

Back