HAI RC-2000 with Multiple Remote Temp. Sensors

ghanson

Can you hookup more than one remote temperature sensor to the RC-2000? In the installation guide I see where you can wire up a remote sensor to the thermostat on terminals 10 & 11. It mentions this takes an average of the on board sensor and the remote sensor. However when I look at the setup up menu. There are selections for External Sensor 1, 2, and 3. The only difference is states expansion module temperature sensor. Looking to use two remote sensors wired to the Thermostat for control of our unit to balance the temperature. Thanks for any insight provided.

I have one configured with my Omnistat2. That said I also have multiple direct the OPII temperature and temperature/humidity sensors.

I looked at the HAI knowledge base and saw no information other than connecting only one remote temperature sensor.

I would how the thermostat would know one remote temperature sensor from another?

I wonder if its in there for remote Zigbee temperature sensors (might have been on the "to do list"?)

Odd thing; googled the temperature sensor and ended up at the Leviton site and it states:

The Flush Mount Remote Indoor Temperature Sensor may be mounted in the conditioned space and the thermostat can be mounted remotely for protection from tampering or for aesthetic reasons. Multiple sensors may be used for temperature averaging over several different rooms. This sensor uses twisted pair, shielded cable from the Omnistat thermostat to its location. The Remote Sensor must be mounted in the same location appropriate for a thermostat for best performance (for example, on an inside wall, free of draft from vents, away from sunlight, windows, etc.). This small unit (disc is 1.5 inches in diameter) can be flush mounted in the drywall to become almost invisible in a residential installation. This sensor will work with any Omnistat2 or Omnistat thermostat.

http://store.leviton...2/dp/B009RQSD8Y

Thanks for the sanity check. That is basically what I had came up with my investigation. Setup menu is confusing as it leads you to believe you have have multiple sensors but the wiring only shows one. But the documentation for the remote sensors seem to indicate you can hook-up muliple sensors together in parrallel and it will take an average from them. Hopefully someone from HAI will pop in here and clear this up.

Yes it is possible to have multiple (4, specifically) 23a00 remote temp sensors connected to a HAI RC 2000 thermostat. see this thread for details of how they need to be wired.

What great news JS!

I looked and looked at the HAI knowledge base and could not find any information relating to said question.

And to think that the information was here on Cocoontech all along.

Back