HAI serial ports

hatchy

I'd like to be able to monitor the HAI omni system via a PC not running windows, I'd like to be able to get status of the zones, read the temp, log events, etc from a Linux machine (running on a system with no moving parts, uses only 15watts, etc). Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone done it?
Thanks

I do this with the Elk M1 and a Linksys router (using OpenWRT). Since there are many HAI drivers out there, I assume this is possible as well.

Many HA software packages support the HAI hardware, so I assume the protocol is open/published. You would have to write a driver, assuming no one else already wrote one (check the Mister House group).

There would be a significant difference in doing this with an ELK vs. and HAI. The Elk tells you something changed, the HAI has to be asked and provide a response. This difference makes a LOT of processing power difference. Something to think about.

HAI has a software development kit to build an interface to their panels. I THINK you have to ask for it, but I don't think there is a charge, but I could be wrong. I've heard that its not that well documented, and is basically just code to look at. You might try contacting them and asking.

HAI has a software development kit to build an interface to their panels. I THINK you have to ask for it, but I don't think there is a charge, but I could be wrong. I've heard that its not that well documented, and is basically just code to look at. You might try contacting them and asking.

Thanks, I'll see if they have it available.

Back