Hai Snaplink issue

betterstolen

Hey everyone. So I have been googling and calling everyone I can and not been able to come up with a fix. I have an Hai system installed in a cabin that doesn't have a hardwired internet connection, but runs on a LTE wireless hub. The system is up and running and works great. My problem is accessing the system remotely with snaplink. When connected to wifi and enter the IP address snaplink works perfectly, when not on wifi... not so much. I setup port forwarding on the router for the IP address with the Hai port and nothing. I've added it to the special applications section of the router and still nothing. I even entered the IP address in the DMZ. After some yelling and cursing I googled a little more and found out I have a dynamic external IP address and that without getting a business account for a lot more money static is out of the question. I then setup a dyndns account and tried to set that up but still nothing will come through.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i might be able to do to get this to work or what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated.

ISP is Telus
LTE hub is a Huawei B882-66

You'd also be at the mercy of whether your ISP is allowing the port number in question to be accessed externally. What port number are you trying to use and do you have it opened on the firewall? If it's Port 80 you're probably not going to be able to get it to work, as that's definitely a port most isps won't pass for dynamic IP addresses

For Hai it's set to port 4369. When i was on the phone with them they said there shouldn't be an issue of the port not forwarding unless the LTE system wont let if for some reason.

I've added it to the special applications section of the router and still nothing. I even entered the IP address in the DMZ.

Putting/testing the HAI Omni whatever system in a DMZ should work.

Create a Dynamic DNS name with no-ip dot com.  Something you will remember.  I have been using no-ip dot com now for many years.  Works great.

I see above you have done that.

I am supposing you have remote administrative access to you LTE hub / firewall stuff.

Can you post screen snapshots of your firewall settings?

Also post LTE firewall WAN status page with WAN IP if you want or PM me with it.

Guessing you are in Canada and you are using an approved Telus Huawei B882-66 Modem eh?

Do you have the settings such that the modem is always online?  Some have on demand out only settings.

Very nice looking modem.  Looks just like or similar to the Ericsson modem I am using today. (oldie but goodie).

Back