HAI UPB PIM install

MrSpock

Just installed the HAI PIM to my OPII panel.  In Dealer PC Access under expansion/serial I set serial port 5 to UPB since that is the port its plugged into.  Now what?  What else is involved in setting up the PIM for the panel?  I'm sure its not hard, just don't know the procedure.

FYI, I don't have any switches installed yet.

Thanks.

What else is involved in setting up the PIM for the panel?

Nothing.  Relating to the PIM.  You are now ready to add UPB switches. 

I would recommend that you leave it in place connected to your HAI panel.

I personally purchased a "traveling PIM" that I connect to UPStart to program the UPB switches on my laptop or netbook. 

Not saying this is the right way to do this; it was just the easy way for me to do this.

You can later on utilize your traveling PIM and the HAI connected PIM to test powerline signals; to and from the switches and PIMs. 

Get familiar with UPB / Upstart.  Its a neato program. 

Read on the forum and keep asking questions (with accompanying "murky beans" ) relative to deciding on methodology of use of the UPB devices and the HAI panel. 

There are a couple of ways to implement them relative to your HAI Panel; its just bean counting; "easypeasy".

During your endeavor if you want to "test" your panel talking to your UPB PIM; configure one UPB switch with PC Access and manually turn it on or off using PCA.  This will validate the transport / talking of the HAI panel to the serially connected HAI PIM.

Attachments

• UPB-HAIPIM.jpg
    UPB-HAIPIM.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 5
Back