Home made Touchscreen PC: Mainlobby / CQC

Back when I had a CarPC, which used a 7" Xenarc running at 800x480, I went through all of these issues. As far as I remember, powerstrip wouldn't fix this issue, but this might have changed by now. Your best resource would be mp3car.com, since almost all of those people run those kind of screens.

I bought powerstrip so I could do an 848x480 resolution for my EDTV, but I did something dumb and I can't get it back. I got sick of trying, and now suck up at 800x600. Still bugs me, but not enough to actually fix it.

I think that with most modern video cards you don't really need PowerStrip to get a non-standard resolution. I think you just have to set up a configuration for it, though I forget how it's done. I think that Powerstrip mostly just does that for you (leaving aside some of the other tweaking stuff it allows), and sets it as the current configuration, at which point you can remove PowerStrip I think.

So if you poke around you can probably figure out how to just set one up manually.

yeah, tried using the ATI Catalyst whatever, no love there either. I keep getting tremendous overscan or underscan (ie, 2-3 inches of it).

I spent close to 5 hours working on it, so it's not like I gave up easily, but I just couldn't get it to be stable.

Rod,

I haven't purchased *any* of the hardware yet. I was initially leaning toware a via epia motherboard, because of the low cost and efficiency, but am starting to think of a AMD based motherboard. I haven't formed any strong opinions yet, and any purchases will likely be in 3-4 months.

Any suggestions for motherboards and cases would be appreciated....

-Mike

Back