Homebridge Plugin for Omni-Link II

Hi @Mantorok,

I just updated the plug in. I just checked the "Include Access Controls" box, saved and restarted homebride. After a minute my locks showed up Home and I was able to lock and unlock the doors. Works great so far, thank you so much. I'll add my temperature and humidity sensors and explore the improvements made in mapping zones and units.

Thanks again

That's great.

Let me know how it goes with the temp/humidity sensors as this was also something I wasn't able to test on my own system. Even though you haven't checked the "Include Auxiliary Sensors" box you may still still see them show up in the Homebridge logs. Also, they should have got included in the OmniPlatform.json file.

I've released a new version of the plugin (1.4.1). This version includes the following fixes and enhancements:
  • Add build on node 16.x
  • [FIX] Wait for Omni connection before configuring cached accessories
  • Support multiple cache files to allow more than 1 connection to Omni controller(s) via Child Bridges
  • Support Humidity control for Thermostat accessories
  • Minor improvements to some log messages (such as temperature display)
  • [FIX] Auto-Discovery not finding auxiliary sensors

mantorok said:
I've released a new version of the plugin (1.4.1). This version includes the following fixes and enhancements:
  • Add build on node 16.x

• [FIX] Wait for Omni connection before configuring cached accessories

• Support multiple cache files to allow more than 1 connection to Omni controller(s) via Child Bridges

• Support Humidity control for Thermostat accessories

• Minor improvements to some log messages (such as temperature display)

• [FIX] Auto-Discovery not finding auxiliary sensors

Thank you so much for this.  I'm moving away from Home Assistant, which was a huge mess to HomeBridge, which seems more straight forward.  I run it on a Synology NAS, which is helpful.  I know Home Assistant and HomeBridge are not equivalent, but I think it will be for what I need. 

Hi @ano, hope the plugin works out for you. I released a new version (1.4.3) about a week ago which should improve responsiveness and patches a few security vulnerabilities in 3rd party packages.

mantorok said:
Hi @ano, hope the plugin works out for you. I released a new version (1.4.3) about a week ago which should improve responsiveness and patches a few security vulnerabilities in 3rd party packages.
Yes thanks. It seems to be working good so far.  I get some log entries that its running slow, and launched it as a child process, but it seems to work well. 

The only feature I could ask for is for buttons.  Is there a way to list buttons you DON'T want added as you can do for units and zones?  

And what is the Pushover Application Token?  I got the User Key.

Thanks.

Hi @mantorok,

I've been using the access controls in homebridge, but one of my locks keeps changing status in Home. I have the same locks on all three doors, except this one is the oldest one I have. I've followed the status of the lock in Dealer PC Access 3 and its not changing status there. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

Hi @ano, when do you get the "running slow" messages? Is it mostly when you install/upgrade the plugin? The first time after an install the plugin needs to make a lot of calls to the Omni to determine what it has (zones, buttons etc) so it can take some time if you have lots of those. Do you have many?

I have thought about adding a way to filter out buttons you don't want in the Home app. I'll see about adding that option in a future version.

As for Pushover you need to create an "Application API token" which you can do from their home page after logging it. It's right down the bottom of the page.

@cyerye, is it showing a false status in Home (eg. Locked when it actually unlocked)? Did it only start happening after a particular version was installed?

If you haven't already can you turn on the "Show Omni notification events in the log" option and restart Homebridge. This will display status updates that the plugin receives from the Omni. Try monitoring that when you notice the lock status change incorrectly. Let me know how it goes.

mantorok said:
Hi @ano, when do you get the "running slow" messages? Is it mostly when you install/upgrade the plugin? The first time after an install the plugin needs to make a lot of calls to the Omni to determine what it has (zones, buttons etc) so it can take some time if you have lots of those. Do you have many?

I have thought about adding a way to filter out buttons you don't want in the Home app. I'll see about adding that option in a future version.

As for Pushover you need to create an "Application API token" which you can do from their home page after logging it. It's right down the bottom of the page.
Yes had over 149 "things" and reduced it to about 130.  I have blinds, lights, and sensors.  And I also still had Home Assistant going so that doubled the load.  Now that the Omni plugin and the Alexa plugin are working, I can kill Home Assistant. 

I got the Pushover Application API token by logging into Pushover on the PC.  Then I got the User Keys from the iPhone app.  Anyway to actually test this?  Guess I got to learn more about Pushover.

ano said:
Yes had over 149 "things" and reduced it to about 130.  I have blinds, lights, and sensors.  And I also still had Home Assistant going so that doubled the load.  Now that the Omni plugin and the Alexa plugin are working, I can kill Home Assistant. 

I got the Pushover Application API token by logging into Pushover on the PC.  Then I got the User Keys from the iPhone app.  Anyway to actually test this?  Guess I got to learn more about Pushover.

Yes, that's a lot of things!

For testing the pushover notifications I usually trigger the burglary alarm or unplug the phone line.  Obviously you need to enable those notifications in the settings first. The burglary one should be pretty quick but the phone line one can take up to a minute.

I've released version 1.4.4 of the plugin which contains the following changes:
  • Code refactor to improve performance
  • Allow exclusions of areas, zones, units, buttons, thermostats, auxiliary sensors & access controls
  • Update dependencies, one of which had a high severity vulnerability
The code refactor was quite extensive so anyone with thermostats, auxiliary sensors or access controls could you let me know how it goes as I can't fully test these with my Omni. Thanks

mantorok said:
I've released version 1.4.4 of the plugin which contains the following changes:
  • Code refactor to improve performance
  • Allow exclusions of areas, zones, units, buttons, thermostats, auxiliary sensors & access controls
  • Update dependencies, one of which had a high severity vulnerability
The code refactor was quite extensive so anyone with thermostats, auxiliary sensors or access controls could you let me know how it goes as I can't fully test these with my Omni. Thanks
It seems to be working well, thanks.

One thing, under Unit Accessory Mappings, and Zone Accessory Mappings, there is None, which seems to indicate don't map, but there is also now an Exclude section, which seems to duplicate these.  Should you not remove the None sections?  Thanks.

Thanks @ano,

I've left the "None" option in the Unit & Zone mappings for now but I'll likely deprecate them in a future version. This will give people time to migrate to the new "Exclusions" config.

I'm very new to home automation. The home I purchased had this system built in and I was able to set up their previous GUI using SnapLink but I would much prefer using homekit. This plug in seems to be exactly what I need, however, it is not discovery any of my system. I have switches, thermostats, and alarm system. It also looks like it had a button button for the garage but that hasn't worked with snaplink. I'm hoping to start by mapping the light switches and then go from there. Any troubleshooting steps? my setup is below where address, port and keys match what's in the omni controller.

{
    "name": "omni",
    "address": "xxx.xxx.x.xxx",
    "port": xxxx,
    "key1": "xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx",
    "key2": "xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx",
    "includeAreas": false,
    "includeZones": false,
    "includeBypassZones": false,
    "includeButtons": false,
    "includeUnits": true,
    "includeThermostats": false,
    "includeEmergencyAlarms": false,
    "includeAccessControls": false,
    "includeAuxiliarySensors": false,
    "setHomeToAway": false,
    "setNightToAway": false,
    "securityCode": "0827",
    "includeHumidityControls": false,
    "targetHumiditySetPointType": 1,
    "targetHumidityDifference": 0,
    "defaultAccessoryMappings": {
        "zone": "none",
        "zoneFireEmergency": "none",
        "unit": "lightbulb"
    },
    "map": {
        "units": {
            "lightbulb": "2,4,5,10,18,20,26,42,58,34,35,50,66,74,82"
        }
    },
    "garageDoors": [
        {
            "openTime": 10
        }
    ],
    "pushover": {
        "alarms": {
            "burglary": false,
            "fire": false,
            "gas": false,
            "auxiliary": false,
            "freeze": false,
            "water": false,
            "duress": false,
            "temperature": false
        },
        "troubles": {
            "freeze": false,
            "batterylow": false,
            "acpower": false,
            "phoneline": false,
            "digitalcommunicator": false,
            "fuse": false
        }
    },
    "mqtt": {
        "showMqttEvents": false
    },
    "syncTime": false,
    "showHomebridgeEvents": false,
    "showOmniEvents": false,
    "showRequestResponse": false,
    "clearCache": false,
    "forceAutoDiscovery": true,
    "platform": "OmniLinkPlatform"
}

Hi @highlyAuto,

Thanks for using my plugin. Let's see if we can get it working for you.

Firstly are you able to see in the Homebridge logs if the plugin was able to connect to your Omni controller. You should be able to see something like:

[Omni] TCP Connection: Open

If it was able to establish a secure connection you should then be able to see a "found" message. For me it looks like this:

[Omni] Found: Omni LTe [Firmware version: 4.0b] 
Make sure you're on firmware version 3.0 or above.
If that worked then you should see a list of all the objects (zones, units, buttons etc) that your Omni controller has.

For the config above I see you have set forceAutoDiscovery to true. You typically only need this if you're adding or removing objects to/from your system.
You may want to turn on showOmniEvents to see any event that the Omni controller is sending to the plugin.
Another good one for troubleshooting is showRequestResponse. It will show the requests the plugin is making to the controller and any responses it receives. They are just a series of numbers that won't make much sense but it will show you if they are communicating ok.

If you're still having some problems can you post the Homebridge logs as it may provide more insight into the issue.

Regards,
Mantorok

Back