HOW TO MAKE A SOFTWARE TOGGLE? Hunter Douglass on HAI Omni 2 Pro

If you issue a timed light command, at the expiration of the timer the system issues the inverse command.

So if you issue a BRIGHT 60 FOR 5 MINUTES
at the end of 5 minutes the system will send a DIM 60 to put the lights back where they were.

I Dont recall if you can also send a timed level command with a fade rate specified

Play with a bit and I can test something's tomorrow

So you can't send a rate via a command but you can send a timed bright/dim or level command.
Those will brighten/dim or goto the specified level at the default fade rate programmed into the light switch.
So if you need a lower rate you can always specify a longer fade rate for the default and change the link rates independently so they respond at different rates.

The bright/dim work as I specified above.

If you send a Bright 9 for 30 seconds, at the end of 30 seconds it will Dim 9 levels back to the original state (at the default fade rate programmed into the switch). 
If the light started off, it will fade back off.

If you use a level command it works slightly differently.
If the light is on at some level other than off, and you send a timed level command, at the end of the timer it will return to the previous level.
If the previous level was off, it will send an off command, which is an abrupt off, not a fade.

So in your case I believe you would want to use a timed Bright command.

When you say "the default fade rate programmed into the light switch", would that be with a RadioRA2 switch or only an HAI switch?

I will try the "Bright" command.

Other issues you may have experience with that are baffling me:

Today I was trying to get the doorbell switch to trigger a sound. First I discovered that the bulb in the switch needed to be removed as it put resistance on the zone so it would not change state. then I realized that I need to get the Omni 2 to trigger the sound in the Windows PC server somehow. Any suggestions?

Any idea if there is a way to get the transport buttons in Snaplinks audio section to control Windows Media Center? Or if not, WMC, any idea how to get at the output of the buttons?

More brain twisters...

Marty

I have no experience with RadioRa.
In UPB/HLC you can setup a default fade rate in each switch so when it is sent a fade command or a goto command it fades at the preset rate.
You can also assign individual links separate fade rates.

For the doorbell, you can use the ELK doorbell detector.
You'll proably need the time extension relay too.
The Omni won't trip on any contact closure less than 200ms(IIRC).

My question on the doorbell was not on the trip side but the trigger side. How do I get something to come out of my speakers via HiFi 2 system such as a Mp3 or some kind of sound. How is this normally done? I have a PC on the same network that could play the Mp3 over the HiFi 2 but how would I trigger it to play the file when there is no automation commands that trigger anything in a PC on the network..

You can record to the blank sound registers and then just play one of gem over the HIFI when the trigger signals.
It's fairly straightforward in PCAccess.

The hardest part is getting the recording in.
You have to use an adapter that allows you to plug into the phone line from the computer.
The only way to record into those slots is over the phone line.

Anything more complicated will need to be custom or using Haiku or one of the PC software packages.
I think you could set up something in Automation Studio, I'd have take a look at that.

For me, the easy part is getting the recording in!

Can you please step me through how to select an audio file from within PC Access?

I cannot figure out where the "blank sound registers" are. Are those the "Voices" and if so, how do I load a sound file into one of the "Phrase" slots or??? I am confused..

Thanks....again...

The audio file becomes one of the messages.

Then you just "SAY MESSAGE".

Read the message portion of the user manual for the recording and playing back of messages.
Page 98, "Custom Phrases".

As I said above, you can only record over the phone line.
You need an adapter to get from the computer to the phone line.

<I can't post links from this computer.>

I picked a canned message "hello" from the list, thendid the following automation:

WHEN doorbell secure
THEN say "Hello". 

I hear nothing. How do I send it out HIFI 2? There is no option to configure where it outputs...

No, I will pick one up...BUT If I come out analogue how do I go into HIFI 2? as a source? Then program when door bell then switch source to wherever it is plugged into?

Read the HIFI docs, it's input 8 and you use the page function.

You can also use the Audio commands in PCAccess to turn zones on and off you don't want/want to play the message over, select the source, etc.

If you use the page function you don't need extra programming.

Hello again, long time no posting for me. I got the house up and running in a basic state, now its time to do some fun stuff and automate.

I am trying to create a "Morning" scene. I have been able to get all of the lighting to do what I need to but your ingenious shade programming has proven more difficult to interject. Here is what I have done:

WHEN Top of Lower Stairs 6 Button SW3 PRESSED
THEN SEND Shayla'sSheer OUT SERIAL 3
THEN ShaylasBlind OFF
THEN SEND Damen'sSheer OUT SERIAL 3
THEN DamensBlind OFF
THEN SEND MstrBedTopDn OUT SERIAL 3
THEN MstrBedBlind OFF
THEN KitchSBlind ON FOR 3 SECONDS
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Stairwell lower landing TO 80%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen Area Down Lights TO 85%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen E&W Windows TO 85%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen Pendants TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Den Perimeter TO 60%

So, what is happening is that only the first blind "Shayla'sSheer" is executing (oddly only after the second time I push the button), and I noticed that I then have to push the shade button in her room 2 times to get it to do anything. Is my flag I am setting correct? 

Why are none of the other shades doing anything? Maybe the response time of the shade controller?

Any suggestions?

Thank you again if you are still out there...

Marty

You may need a pause between sending serial commands to each shade, or if possible, put all three in a group to be controlled by one command

Back