HVAC automation

It must be a plugin. My uptime is : Uptime: 58 Days 13 Hours 22 Minutes 0 Seconds running HS version 2.2.11.
Rupp, I think the point he is making is that PC based programs measure uptime in days. Hardware controllers measure them in years.
Maybe but I was showing that PC based programs can run more than 2 weeks. My HA PC has been running for over 4 years without a hickup and the beauty is the PC can be upgraded to run new applications which most hardware controllers can't.

It must be a plugin. My uptime is : Uptime: 58 Days 13 Hours 22 Minutes 0 Seconds running HS version 2.2.11.
Rupp, I think the point he is making is that PC based programs measure uptime in days. Hardware controllers measure them in years.
Maybe but I was showing that PC based programs can run more than 2 weeks. My HA PC has been running for over 4 years without a hickup and the beauty is the PC can be upgraded to run new applications which most hardware controllers can't.

I'm open to PC based systems (PowerHome is rock solid). I'm just not there with Homeseer yet. As BSR said, this topic should probably go in its own thread.

I have a Proliphix tstat interfaced to Homeseer. I configured one of my touch screen pages, run by MainLobby, to access Homeseer variables to display all the tstat values and allow mode control. I don't allow setpoints to be changed from the MainLobby screen, only AC/Heater on/off. I announce mode changes over the whole house audio.

When I received my first Proliphix last winter, the current temperature reading was fixed at 68 degrees. Instead of putting my old tstat back in until I got a replacement, I used a temp probe I had and setup Homeseer to monitor the indoor temperature and actively turn heating on/off. This actually worked really well since it allowed a configurable temperature band, such as +- 2 degrees, around the setpoint, which the Proliphix I have doesn't do causing it to cycle more often. When the replacement came, I went ahead and let it control the mode, but I'm thinking about beefing up my original setup in Homeseer with some of the ideas here and using that to control the tstat.

Back