Premise jQuery Mobile MiniBrowser UI - Preview

Motorola Premise
With the end of school year stuff going on I haven't had time to work on this. I should be able to start back up in the next couple of weeks. It is still alive :)

No worries. There are many of us that look forward to beta testing your work. What you've done so far looks great!

PS: Whenever you're ready to give the media center module PM me. It's unfinished, so it's probably best not to post it here... I think there's a lot that can be done with Premise and Media Center integration...

I'm hoping to make polling a thing of the past...
The foundation of my project is a serverside javascript engine... Actually it's the Chrome v8 js engine. There is an open source project that has a rather nice implementation.... nodejs. Nodejs makes the v8 js engine extensible. There are ton of modules written for nodejs... Everything from logging, to db access, to css engines, to email, ftp, json, + + +

Nodejs comes built in with a messaging bus, subscriptions, notifications, websockets, and http server.

My plan, which I should be able to validate in the next few days... Is to wrap the Premise COM objects/MiniBroker in a C++ nodejs module, and expose them to nodejs. WHat does this mean? Serverside javascripting for Premise. ANd more importantly making Premise available to all the features of nodejs including a new webserver, websockets, subscribe/notify of changes (instead of polling).

Disclaimer...
Keep in mind though... I am not a Premise user yet... And I really don't want to generate hype at this point... I'm just tinkering.

Tim

Tim, progress? You are my hero if you get this working.

I've done a ton of Node.js work and have wanted to dig into precisely what you have done for a while...

Well, I moved and my computer has been in storage. Try to fire up Premise so I could continue working and none of my jquery mobile stuff is in premise :( Guess I will have to start from scratch :(

I sent an early version to chucklyons, maybe he still has it. Remember kids, backup, backup, backup!

Tim, progress? You are my hero if you get this working.

I've done a ton of Node.js work and have wanted to dig into precisely what you have done for a while...
Nope.... No work has been done on this since the spring.
I did establish a connection from node.js to the Premise server.... but it stopped there. My next step was to start wrapping the actual Premise commands, but that's where the wheels fell off, or I should say, summertime hit. I am definitely not a summertime tinkerer.
I can also say i started to think about all the next steps after node.js. Writing a nice robust x-browser js framework and getting the subscription/notification stuff working. And with all that, we haven't even started thinking about the widgets that sit on top of the framework.
I might pick it up again fall or winter, but it is unlikely. I am growing weary of older (or even newer) windows products; and trying to layer modern technologies on top of them. I am kicking the tires on a few linux offerings in the HA space, but for the moment Housebot still runs my home.
Tim

I'm continuing my jQuery mods to the MB - one addition has been applying the accordion effect to 123's Status screen. (See photos)

123 was right - that whole traverse things is/was hard and it took me some time to figure out how to add this effect to it...I have some formatting to do, but for those that have many objects that causes scroll bars to appear when looking at status, this might prove helpful..Landing.gifLivingRoom.gifKitchen.gif

It's not apparent to me how to edit the previous post, so I have to post the 'after' pix...after a few more weeks of testing, I'll post the .xdo...
Landing_page.gif
Kitchen_Page.gif
Yard_page.gif

Alas, not yet, but I'm getting there....I can force a refresh when changing between panels (accordion panels), which is a poor man's method, but it works. jQuery has a function 'Ajaxify' that gives a fairly decent AJAX effect, but it still requires interaction from the user.

I suspect I'll have to seek help from one of my smart developer friends....(are you still at the same email address?) ^_^

I'd be glad to help if I can, but you may be getting outside of my limited development experience (Premise only and self taught). Basically if there's not a clearly written technical resource for dummies on how to get jQuery to work with something like Premise, I won't be able to figure it out without extensive studying (and actual training).

Alas, not yet, but I'm getting there....I can force a refresh when changing between panels (accordion panels), which is a poor man's method, but it works. jQuery has a function 'Ajaxify' that gives a fairly decent AJAX effect, but it still requires interaction from the user.

I suspect I'll have to seek help from one of my smart developer friends....(are you still at the same email address?) ^_^

Back