jwilson56's home

And finally the lighting and Elk security panel screen for the Nokia 770.

Attachments

• nokia_nowplaying2008_light_security.jpg
    nokia_nowplaying2008_light_security.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 120
Here is a picture of the Nokia 770 running the Now Playing 2008 skin designed for it. Sorry I did my best to take a good picture but its hard to get the lighting right.

Attachments

• nokia_with_skin.jpg
    nokia_with_skin.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 111
Well the more I use this Nokia with this new skin the more impressed I am with this little touchpad. Its made me rethink my desire for a larger mobile touchscreen solution. It even has my wife impressed.

Just to let you guys know...harleydude has released his Elk plugin for Girder 5. I have been running this for awhile now (see above Netremote screen shots for the Elk integration) and its been very stable. So if you have an Elk and use Girder 5 (or are looking for an inexpensive home automation solution) you owe it to yourself to try this.

If your thinking of getting a security system then look at the Elk panel. It is a robust design with built in automation and has wide support here at Cocoontech.

Try Automatedoutlet.com for good service and prices.

Link to the plugin

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=1036

Link to the manual

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=1035

Congrats to harleydude for a job well done.

Here is the draft copy for my Traffic Cam popup.

These will only refresh when the popup is open. They are actually refreshing from Girder and then updating all NR clients.

Attachments

• NP_TrafficCam.jpg
    NP_TrafficCam.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 81
Well I have taken the summer off from my project. I will be back in September to finish up and add some cool hardware additions.

Well it seems the summer has flown by and I will be getting started on my project once again. Look to see some additional hardware changes.

I just finished upgrading NR, G5 and NRD to the latest versions and all went well.

Good work to all the guys at Promixis.

I am adding the a GUI popup to allow the user to add to the Caller ID Substitution database. No more going into G5 to add some new phone number and TTS pronunciation of the name for the CID database. This will be a High WAF factor.

Ok another quick feature added but with high WAF (wife acceptance factor) is my phone on/off hook status done using the Elk. The music gets paused by an incoming call via the CallerID handler but now when the phone gets hung up the music will resume.

Also there is a phone line in use icon to see if the phone is being used.

Well at the request of my wife I wrote an Elk routine that makes it possible to pause the music in all zones by picking up the phone and hitting the flash button once. When the phone is hung up the music will resume.

Well I have been busy... I have 1 wireless motion sensor installed as well as 2 wired ones. I also cleaned up my rack and wires somewhat. I also wrote a popup that allows me to add Girder caller id database substitutions from the Now Playing 2008 screen.

Back