jwilson56's home

Here is an early look at Now Playing 2009. More of a face lift than a new skin this time around.

The new weather page

Attachments

• Weather_np2009.jpg
    Weather_np2009.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 92
Well I have been busy building up my ELO 15" touchscreen case that will go on a new bookcase we purchased for the living room. It was design to sit on the shelf and resemble a fish tank and will be running the Serene Screen-saver when not being used with Now Playing 2009.

I will be moving it into the bookcase in the next couple days. Here are a couple snapshots. The frame is made with wood and for the finish I used a 'hammered look' spray paint.

It has passed the WAF test.....

Attachments

• ELO_Monitor_1.jpg
    ELO_Monitor_1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 130
Here is the backside which will not be seen or used.. hey its a touchscreen so who needs a keyboard.... Now Playing has a built in onscreen keyboard where needed.

This was an old laptop that had a bad LCD screen so I stripped it down to the bare essentials for this project. Shown without the black cover....

Attachments

• ELO_Monitor_4.jpg
    ELO_Monitor_4.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 114
Here is an early phase of the case....Notice that the controls stayed in their original location. The cover frame actually slides off and on and is held in place with Velcro so that the controls can be accessed if needed.

Attachments

• ELO_Monitor_5.jpg
    ELO_Monitor_5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 86
Inside the case... protected powerstrip (this is an early picture also)...

Attachments

• ELO_Monitor_6.jpg
    ELO_Monitor_6.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 79
Here is the ELO 15" touchscreen mounted into the bookcase and sitting at the correct eye level.

Attachments

• ELO_bookcase_1.jpg
    ELO_bookcase_1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 125
Well I now have Girder 5 detecting a motion sensor placed in the bookcase and having it wake up the monitor and shut off the fish screensaver when you walk up to the ELO.

This also happens when a call comes in before the pop-up caller ID log screen shows.

As I am using a USB NIC I can't do WOL which is too bad... working on other ideas right now.

I now have a button on the Now Playing skin that will tell Girder to place that PC into standby using the 'psshutdown.exe' command. I could have done it all locally only but I also wanted to be able to suspend via Girder with scheduled events or an email to Girder. I have the ELO touchscreen system setup to Wake on Mouse so a simple touch to the ELO screen will wake it up.

Back