Low Voltage Fireplace Controller

bryanchr13

Hello,   

Any help would be appreciated, I tried looking at the Fireplace threads but the setup is a little different. 

I am looking to use some equipment that I already have to control my fireplace.  I have a "Remotec" switch that offers pass through and remote control via my system.  The fireplace was on a low voltage wall switch. Stupidly I tired running the low voltage through the remotec ZDS 100 US Switch, which I realized won't provide the line voltage necessary to turn on the device. 

I have 110 Live at the fireplace which I can plug the switch into, looking for a relay??  That would plug into the remotec switch and when I activate the switch it provides 110 to the relay (or whatever I need) which would connect the low voltage line and load for the fireplace. I don't need to relay to generate power or convert power. Just act as an on / off switch for the low voltage connection.

Hope that makes sense !          12V Out  ----------  /   ------------- 12 V In
                                                              Interrupt controlled by relay?
                                                     110 Volt male plug (on / off with remote)

Back