MainLobby Pricing & License Discussion

So Mario or David,

Could ya'll tell us what we would need if we wanted to contol a JRMC PC or CAV6.6 from scratch?

Thanks,

--Jamie

Hi Jamie,

If your only goal is to communicate with the Russound CAV6.6 - then you would need:
> MainLobby 3 / MLServer 3 Combo (Currently $159.99)
> Russound Plugin ($99.99)

If your just want to control J River MC, you would need:
> MainLobby 3 / MLServer 3 Combo (Currently $159.99)
> JRMC 11 ($39.99)
> MusicLobby ($59.99)

Ripper99 said:
BTW what about them logos and copyrights? I consult for many of those companies whose logo's you resell and I am aware of the usage restrictions...I'm surprised you haven't consulted your lawyer about the legal ramifications of re-selling those logos for as long as you have without paying royalties.

It's one thing to offer them for free but re-selling them is a no-no...FOX alone would *never* approve of you reselling or re-using any of their logos, if you would like a legal explanation of this from Fox directly I can provide it for you to read and ponder...CNN logo also cannot be resold or bundled with a product.

I can provide you outlines on this also as well as hundreds of others I see are included in your collection...means nothing really to me but you should be concerned if you have been selling them for years and have not received prior permission to sell them and I know for fact many you do not have permssion to re-use-resell under any circumstances and if by some slim chance you are given approval the fee you need to pay would make it unrealistic to sell them.
You should report him for it. This is very much illegal and I'm sure the companies would like to know about Cinemar. Their lawyers would have fun with it.

That is why I jumped ship with all the plugins/graphics prices it got too expensive. Sure I didn't need all them but they would have been nice. It seemed like bugs were not fixed but user kept getting graphics to buy.

The design interface is what I seen was lacking the most. According to others it hasn't even been updated much in ML3.

tech-home said:
You should report him for it. This is very much illegal and I'm sure the companies would like to know about Cinemar. Their lawyers would have fun with it.
Darn. What's going on here?

I thought this place was for HA enthusiasts. Feels like we're tearing it all down before we even get started?

mwhistle said:
tech-home said:
Darn. What's going on here?

I thought this place was for HA enthusiasts. Feels like we're tearing it all down before we even get started?
But is it Okay to profit out of selling illegal copyrighted products, just because this is HA? Mario didn't not create these logo's, he simply copied them and selling them.

What if I started selling copies of bootlegged copies ML? Umm. I think Cinemar lawyers would have something to say. Is this not a reason for ML3 registration (from what I read) to help prevent this?

If this is the case, I'm not sure it is, but Ripper does have a good point and seems to know, Cinemar should be reported to the proper channels. Just as any other company would be for selling copyrighted products.

I would recommend anyone that wants to discus legal matters with Cinemar do so through Certified letters and not a public forum.

Getting back on topic, I recently had a meltdown (well a computer and not me, yet :D ), and I wanted to redownload MainLobby 2.86b (version I am currently using).

I noticed in my Cinemar downloads login section that it was no longer available (at least it didn't show up in the screen shot below).

Is this a temporary oversight?

Attachments

• cinemar.jpg
    cinemar.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 17
BSR,
You're account is now fixed. Try again.
You really should post these Cinemar issues on Cinemar's forum. I try to keep up with cocoontech, but no promises that I read all posts.
I suspect that when you upgraded to MainLobby 3 (thanx) that ML2.86 was deselected (they are right next to each other). You now have both.

BSR,

We do remove older versions from users downloads once they upgrade...like yourself. This is intentional to prevent the user from accidentally downloading the wrong version. Ever been on a tech call for hours only to find out they have an old version? :D

DavidL said:
...You really should post these Cinemar issues on Cinemar's forum. I try to keep up with cocoontech, but no promises that I read all posts.
What, there is another forum other than CocoonTech!?!?! :D :D

Thanks for the fix.

mcascio said:
BSR,

We do remove older versions from users downloads once they upgrade...like yourself.  This is intentional to prevent the user from accidentally downloading the wrong version.  Ever been on a tech call for hours only to find out they have an old version? :D
Good point Mario and I can certainly appreciate that reasoning.

Nowadays when it comes to software, I'm just not as adventurous as I used to be. This is mainly due to lack of time on my part though. When I do get some free time I like to play around and experiment with hardware and have little patience for software problems (probably an age thing also :D ). Also I like to spend time on this forums and do things like write an occasional article on HomeToys.com (PS, your product is mentioned in my article this month) :D !

This is the main reason for sticking with older versions (HomeSeer, MainLobby, MLServer). I now like to wait till new products "mature" a little before relying on them. I'll will use them eventually though (which is why I purchased them).

Thanks again,

BSR

jwilson56 said:
Can I create any number of buttons to send commands to Homeseer from a MusicLobby screen?

John
Hi John;

I think I see where you are going with this as I'm familiar with your current setup.

You can add any command and monitor icons to a MusicLobby scene just as you can to "regular" MainLobby scene. So if you wanted to monitor certain status lights (HomeSeer devices) based on monitoring your equipment like you do now this can easily be done in MainLobby via the MLHSPlugin. Basically this plugin will let you "see" and control just about any HomeSeer device on a MainLobby display (including a MusicLobby scene).

Back