Mounting odd shaped phase coupler

PaulD

I need to mount a phase coupler (PPC-1 from PulseWorx) and I am stumped on the most reasonable way to mount it. I want it outside my power panel in an enclosure of its own. However, it is an odd shape and will not fit in any typical gang box I have found. It has 2 holes that suggest it is intended to be mounted flat on a wall with 2 screws but that would leave the wire connections out in the open and I do not want that either. PulseWorx instructions just say to mount it in a "suitable junction box" but I have not found such a box.

Has anyone else found a good junction box (with cover) that would work with this device?

Send me a PM. I just took a picture of a typical phase coupler installation and I will email it to you.

I have a PPC-1 mounted next to my panel. I just cut off the mounting flanges and it fits well in a 4x4 deep electrical box.

I have a PPC-1 mounted next to my panel. I just cut off the mounting flanges and it fits well in a 4x4 deep electrical box.

I like that idea but I was not sure how coupler was sealed so I was reluctant to trim off the flanges. Did you cut them off flush with box or just enough to make them fit in the 4x4 box?

I cut the tabs back almost to the edge of the unit. There is no chance of damaging the unit as long as you don't cut into the main part of the PPC-1.

Back