my.Elk 2.3

lazyone;

I found the problem with devices not updating to the last change field. It has to do with the same hs.SetDeviceValue problem I stated 11 posts up (with the MainLobby MLHSPlugin).

After I set the devices "values" my last change field updates correctly. I sent these suggested enhancements to electron for his review. He has been extremely busy lately but I'm sure he will review the proposed changes shortly (I don't want to release a hacked version of his code without him reviewing the changes).

As far as nothing being written to the log, I believe this is because no hs.writelog statements were written into the script. It would be a simple matter of entering this command for the values/states that you wanted to show up in the log.

Again, electron is the expert here so let's wait to hear what he says. :lol:

Regards,

BSR

lazyone said:
I have my.elk working with HS 1.7 (see the status & keypad change), but I can't seem to get anything to show up in the log.

Any thoughts?

Also, is there anyway to get my.elk to update the last changed field for each zone?
Contrary to BSR's comments, my.elk works fine for me as-is (but I am not using ML, so I concede that issue). My HomeSeer 1.7 log is full of zone changes and the "last changed" field works for me. Do you HS items (zones) change from "normal" to "violated:xxx" when the zone is opened/closed? What stats do you see changing? When you refer to the keypad changing, are you referring to the temperature reading?

Yes - my zones change from "normal" to "violated:xxx" when the zone is opened/closed, but no log entry. With a previous install of HS 1.7, I did receive a log entry, but it was also an earlier version on my.elk (I'm using 2.1 now).

As for the keypad change, yes I am referring to the temperature reading.

Also, I have a few Aprilaire 8870s that don't seem to be supported in this script.

WayneW said:
lazyone said:
I have my.elk working with HS 1.7 (see the status & keypad change), but I can't seem to get anything to show up in the log.

Any thoughts?

Also, is there anyway to get my.elk to update the last changed field for each zone?
Contrary to BSR's comments, my.elk works fine for me as-is (but I am not using ML, so I concede that issue). My HomeSeer 1.7 log is full of zone changes and the "last changed" field works for me. Do you HS items (zones) change from "normal" to "violated:xxx" when the zone is opened/closed? What stats do you see changing? When you refer to the keypad changing, are you referring to the temperature reading?
Wow, this is interesting Wayne. I can disable all the Cinemar stuff and my zones still did not update with the last change.

Wonder if something is different in our my.elk.ini settings. My ini user settings are listed below. Do you see anything wrong?

Thanks,

BSR

Code:
[my.elk.zones]
zone001=z1
zone002=z2
zone003=z3
zone004=z4
zone005=z5
zone006=z6
zone007=z7
zone008=z8
zone009=z9
zone010=z10
zone011=z11
zone012=z12
zone013=z13
zone014=z14
zone015=z15
zone016=z16
zone017=z17
zone018=z18
zone019=z19
zone020=z20
zone021=z21
zone022=z22
zone023=z23
zone024=z24
zone025=z25
zone026=z26
zone027=z27
zone028=z28
zone029=z29
zone030=z30
zone031=z31
zone032=z32
zone033=z33
zone034=z34
zone035=z35
zone036=z36
zone037=z37
zone038=z38
zone039=z39
zone040=z40
zone041=z41
zone042=z42
zone043=z43
zone044=z44
zone045=z45
zone046=z46
zone047=z47
zone048=z48

'
'      [my.elk.voltages]
'      zone008=x20
'
'      [my.elk.outputs]
'      output003=x33
'
'      [my.elk.keypad.keys]
'      keypad01:F1=[event:elk keypad test]
'
[my.elk.keypad.temp]
keypad01=x1
'
'      [my.elk.tasks]
'      task02=x44

And here are the user defined settings under the start of my.elk.txt:

Code:
' ----------------------------------------------------------------
' User definable settings
'
' ini config file
sINIfile = "my.elk.ini"
'
' select serial port
iSerialPort = 1
'
' automatically attempt to open the serial port when sending commands
bAutoOpen = true
'
' enable debug level logging (WARNING: this can be very CPU intensive)
bDebug = false
'
' enable simulation (no data will be sent to the serial port)
bSimulate = false
'
' enable/disable processing of incoming data
bReceive = true
'
' enable/disable automatically synchronizing the M1 on connect.
bAutoSync = true
'

curious... lazyone says he has seen it work in a previous install, but now it doesn't

I ran a diff comparing my live script with the 2.1 stock script and the only possibly relevant thing i see is about 10 lines from the bottom
stock:
If iState = 9 Then
mine:
If iState = 9 or iState = 10 or iState = 11 Then

as I recall this was needed to get EOL and NC zones working in HS. I guess Electron was only using normally open in his house or for testing

Try changing that line and see if it helps.

BraveSirRobbin said:
hmmm, seems like something in HomeSeer is grabbing the serial port since you can connect with HyperTerminal when HomeSeer is shut down.
Through further testing, I have found that I can open the port in Hyperterminal while homeseer is running. But, as soon as I run the My.Elk script, I get the error:
"In OpenComPort, port already in use"

Then hyperterminal can no longer open the port.

Once I close the port, using the "hs.RunEx "my.elk.txt","CloseSerialPort",""" command,
I can access the port using homeseer.

So...it appears that the script is opening and closing the port as expected, but that something else is wrong. I don't know if it is a Homeseer 2.1 issue or if it is something else.

lazyone, something must have changed between the previous versions. I have been using my.elk since day 1 and I think I would have discovered that sooner and electron would have put it into the release code.

There still are a few little things not working like I would "think" they might

* I can issue a ZS command - nothing shows in log
* I can issue a request for keypad temp - nothing shows in log, nor is the last change updated for that device
* ... and it looks like Thermostats are not supported. Would really love to be able to get temperatures and control my Aprilaire 8870s

Again - thanks for the help

hgupta1 said:
Once I close the port, using the "hs.RunEx "my.elk.txt","CloseSerialPort",""" command,
Just checking but you do have:
Code:
"hs.RunEx "my.elk.txt","CloseSerialPort","""
In the ShutDown.txt script correct?

I remember reading some posts over HomeSeer land about people having trouble with the "OpenComPort" command with HS 2.1. You may want to browse over there!

lazyone said:
* I can issue a ZS command - nothing shows in log
* I can issue a request for keypad temp - nothing shows in log, nor is the last change updated for that device
* ... and it looks like Thermostats are not supported. Would really love to be able to get temperatures and control my Aprilaire 8870s
Yeah, the "zs" used to show a dump of your devices in the HS log file, but it doesn't anymore. I am not sure what changed or why. since everything seemed to be working, I didn't research it.

I have never requested a keypad temp. Mine update automatically whenever the temp changes and it updates the "last changed" in HS.

I don't have a thermostat connected yet as we haven't needed HVAC in the past 6 months. I see thermostat commands in the script, so it "should" work, but I won't know until I get another XSP.

MLHSPlugin has got no influence on what shows in Homeseer. That's apparantly not the problem. MLHSplugin just displays what Homeseer keeps as values. It doesn't alter those values.

BraveSirRobbin said:
hgupta1 said:
Just checking but you do have:
Code:
"hs.RunEx "my.elk.txt","CloseSerialPort","""
In the ShutDown.txt script correct?

I remember reading some posts over HomeSeer land about people having trouble with the "OpenComPort" command with HS 2.1. You may want to browse over there!
I mistyped... I meant that I can access the port in hyperterminal while homeseer is still running after I run the my.elk.tct, "CloseSerialPort" command.

So closing works okay, but something goes wrong when I open the port.

I'll check over in Homeseer forums to see if there is something I am missing.

DavidL said:
MLHSPlugin has got no influence on what shows in Homeseer.  That's apparantly not the problem.  MLHSplugin just displays what Homeseer keeps as values.  It doesn't alter those values.
David;

I never said the MLHSPlugin was "the" problem. What I AM saying is that the MLHSPlugin requires the device's value (0, 1 on non-dimming; 0,100 on dimming devices) and not the device's string.

I'm was having a problem with the device state changing in MLServer (and thus MainLobby) until I added the hs.SetDeviceValue command.

I can get the basic value to change, but now I'm having a problem with the custom settings of showing different graphics based on the "ON" and "OFF" device values via the mlhsplugin (setdevicegraphic statement). I'll have to play around with this one some more as I haven't been able to figure it out yet. It makes no sense to me that this setting under the mlhsplugin.ini isn't working as I actually see the ON/OFF, 0/1 device value and description changes in the MLSever variable listing.

If anyone has any suggestions, I will be MORE than willing to listen! :lol:

Thanks,

BSR

It looks like the script still works despite the error. My log showed some temperature changes from the keypad thermometer this morning, so I think it will still work.

Back