Need Your Input

kimvi

Alright gang, I would like some feedback on my HA diagram below. Once I make the necessary corrections, I will create a seperate drawing for each sub system of the HA: AV, audio, security, etc.

HA_Distro_Sm.jpg

Larger Image

A couple notes.

1. Each AV Location will have minicoax (5 RG6) and bundled cable (2 Cat-5e & 2 RG6 or 2 bundled cables.
2. Each bedroom (3), LR, Ent Room & Kit will have a seperate bundle (2 Cat-5e & RG6) for Network & Phone
3. Provice feedback/equipment choices for the A/V Distribution, Audio Distrtibution or Security.
4. The audio only zones will rarely be used. The are primarily for parties to create nice even sould across different areas of the house without having to blast loud music in any one area. Would it make sense then to make them sub-zones of Zones 1 & 2 using equipment ie Channel Vision A-Bus Single Source 4-Zone with volume control?
5 Has anyone here ever used the Channel Plus SVS-88: True 8x8 Audio/Video Matrix Switcher? Did it work? How was the sound and video quality?

Everyone is probably intimidated. :unsure:

1) Okay
2) You have the ENT room listed as getting a single bundle. I would think it should be on the A/V list. Absolutely need more than a singel rg6.
3) Russound, Russound, and Elk. :blink:
4) Yes. IIRC, the Russound CAV unit has A-bus capability built in.
5) Never used. Pass.

jlehnert said:
Everyone is probably intimidated. :unsure:

1) Okay
2) You have the ENT room listed as getting a single bundle. I would think it should be on the A/V list. Absolutely need more than a singel rg6.
3) Russound, Russound, and Elk. :blink:
4) Yes. IIRC, the Russound CAV unit has A-bus capability built in.
5) Never used. Pass.
THe Ent Room will have two sepearte runs:
Run #1. AV run - mini coax & bundle (2 cat-5e & 2 RG6) or 2 bundles (2 Cat-5e & 2RG6)
Run #2. Network & Phone Run - 1 bundle (2 Cat-5e & @ RG6)

Each AV Location will the same 2 runs mentioned above.

I will thoroughly investigate Russound. Thanks!

Back