New Brultech Energy Monitoring Model (ECM-1240) due in 2009

WOW... hopefully in 2 weeks I will be able to order.... the c kit with 9 micro.... this is lookin nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is desirable to have access to the kW and amps on each leg of the main service individually as well as the total, can we connect one CT to channel 1 and the other one to channel 2 and set the channel's CT option to single? Are there any special configuration settings involved for this arrangement. Any other issues to be aware of besides the loss of a channel that could have been used for omething else?

Thanks!
Brian

Brian,

That's the way we did it since our ECM-200 in 1992. Only lately have we started combining the two lines on one channel to open up a second channel. You would connect the CT to the COM and SINGLE terminals and set the CT settings to 167/4 for SPLIT-200 or 167/5 for SPLIT-100s.

Paul

What about if the series connected CTs are connected to the DUAL and COM inputs? If the CT settings are set as such in the interface program, will the right settings be configured in the ECM-1240?

I just purchased the Brultech serial to ethernet adapter. It came with no instructions whatsoever. Does anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up to the ECM-1240?

Regards,
Ultrajones

I just purchased the Brultech serial to ethernet adapter. It came with no instructions whatsoever. Does anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up to the ECM-1240?

Regards,
Ultrajones

UJ,

Does it come with a serial port redirector software?

I have both a lantronix and a silex serial to ethernet convertor and either work fine with the 1240. I redirected a com port to TCP-IP address, set serial port for 19,200, 8, N, 1 and it works great.

Will

Regards,
Ultrajones

Are you referring to the EtherBee? If so, download Brultech's EtherBee Configurator from here:
http://www.brultech.com/ecmsupportupdate.html

Click, "Search." Then, in the Server IP settings, set the ip address of the server that will read data from the ECM-1240. Don't forget to click, "Save Settings." The EtherBee will start reading data from the ECM-1240 and push it to that ip address and port. You can then hook up a server to read data. Brultech lists some server software at the above site. I'm also working w/ Brian on some python code, here:
http://bitbucket.org/kelvin/pyecm/overview

-Kelvin

Regards,
Ultrajones

Are you referring to the EtherBee? If so, download Brultech's EtherBee Configurator from here:
http://www.brultech.com/ecmsupportupdate.html

Click, "Search." Then, in the Server IP settings, set the ip address of the server that will read data from the ECM-1240. Don't forget to click, "Save Settings." The EtherBee will start reading data from the ECM-1240 and push it to that ip address and port. You can then hook up a server to read data. Brultech lists some server software at the above site. I'm also working w/ Brian on some python code, here:
http://bitbucket.org/kelvin/pyecm/overview

-Kelvin
Kelvin's right - even though there's no mention of the EtherPort being zigbee related you use the zigbee config utility to set it up. I sent a tech support email to find out - Paul responded with the goods even though it was a Sunday.

The preliminary docs on the Brultech support page has the info. It also looks like it doesn't function as a com port redirector - for that reason I haven't connected mine yet (plus being too danged busy at the moment). I'm waiting on more info from some of the people working on server software before I try.

Jerry

Thank you for the replies. I also sent an email to Brultech. I received a reply within an hour! I download the Brultech's EtherBee Configurator and the unit is up and running. I can *finally* start writing software for the ECM-1240 :)

Regards,
Ultrajones

A set of ECM-12xx programs are now available:

Code:
tenEcmServer	   Receives data from ECM and broadcasts it to the other programs

tenHsEcm12xx	   HomeSeer plugin that creates devices that track ECM data, computes monthly cost, and charts real-time ECM data

tenEcmDbLogger	 Writes hourly ECM data to an SQL database

tenEcmCharts	   Displays charts of both real-time and historical ECM data.  

Real-time Chart
										  Hourly Chart
										  Daily Chart
										  Monthly Chart
										  Average Hour of Day Chart

tenEcmCsvLogger   Writes real-time ECM data to a CSV file
Requires Windows and .net 2.0 framework

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenEcmServer

tenholde

Code:

tenHsEcm12xx	   HomeSeer plugin that creates devices that track ECM data, computes monthly cost, and charts real-time ECM data

Real-time Chart
										  Hourly Chart
										  Daily Chart
										  Monthly Chart

tenholde

to use your charting and logger, do i need homeseer
(downloaded homeseer demo, but it keeps crashing my computer for some reason (or no reason, just for fun)
thanks

Code:

Real-time Chart
										  Hourly Chart
										  Daily Chart
										  Monthly Chart

tenholde
Thanks for all your great work on this tenholde, much appreciated (particularly from us non-programmer types:)).

to use your charting and logger, do i need homeseer
(downloaded homeseer demo, but it keeps crashing my computer for some reason (or no reason, just for fun)
thanks
No, the HomeSeer plugin is just one of the optional clients. The only required component is the tenEcmServer. I am using Ed's stuff without HomeSeer and he has been very responsive to get things matured and fixed. Two thumbs up! :pray:

Code:

Real-time Chart
										  Hourly Chart
										  Daily Chart
										  Monthly Chart

tenholde

Ed,

I want to thank you for the good work you have been doing with the software. It all installs nicely, runs great and looks good.

Paul

Ed,

I want to thank you for the good work you have been doing with the software. It all installs nicely, runs great and looks good.

Paul

Same here Ed. Thank you for your hard work. The server, plugin, and charting is working great!

Will

Ed,

Excellent work.
I have not had a chance to look at your latest stuff, but looking forward to checking it out.

Brian

Back