New Construction Home Automation

wsmith

Hello,
I am New to the Forum and looking for some integration help.
I have been building my home for two years and have already installed a RadioRa original Bridged system myself.
It consists of 5 GrafikRa's for the Foyer, living, dining, family and kitchen downstairs and 4 GrafikRa's upstairs for bedrooms 1,2 and 3
It also has numerous other switches and dimmers including the MCE in my detached garage that opens my garage door and gate.

I also am considering Russound equipment for my whole house audio and already have a SMC-360, ST2 XM2, 1250amp and am debating on Cav/Cam or C series.
The older Cav/Cams are very cheap now unlike the C5 and also have ABUS for extra zones for bathrooms, exterior, laundry etc. but Uno-tS2's are expensive
and the older Uno-S1and 2's are not really functional for everyone.

I also need an intercom and am looking at the compoint Russound with integrated door camera.
I built a 16 channel video surveilance server with an Aver card that is a Hybrid so I can do a combo of both IP and Hardwired cameras.

So what I need to know is what kind of integration with my M1 can I get with these systems?

With the Ra system We will probably do curtains too using Ra SVC's with the old system. For now I must keep the older
Ra system Because of the original investment 2 years ago and because
I will be able to upgrade later to the version 2 at a later time. Way Later I planed for that already.

I have alot of questions but to start, what extent can I control the key features of my lighting system
and music system and the M1 gold and what is the best method or system touchscreen and software.

Is the Elk Ts071 with soft ware the best? I have no clue please give me some Ideas thanks

I would also be doing irrigation on the keypad if I can.

Thanks
Walt

You should also look at the HAI they have more accessories for the house and now have a IP intercom with camera capibilities built into there touch screens. Seems to fit a little better whta you are asking for. I have not used the russound inercom but it does involve running your speakers through the intercom keypad in every room which can't be good for sound quality. They made it they way so it can work with other systems or be stand alone but I find the design sloppy I would of much rathor had cat5 cables running to the keypads and leave the speaker wire alone. Besides good speaker wire is probably some of the more expensive wire you will put in now you need to run even more of it.

Hello,
I am New to the Forum and looking for some integration help.
I have been building my home for two years and have already installed a RadioRa original Bridged system myself.
It consists of 5 GrafikRa's for the Foyer, living, dining, family and kitchen downstairs and 4 GrafikRa's upstairs for bedrooms 1,2 and 3
It also has numerous other switches and dimmers including the MCE in my detached garage that opens my garage door and gate.

I also am considering Russound equipment for my whole house audio and already have a SMC-360, ST2 XM2, 1250amp and am debating on Cav/Cam or C series.
The older Cav/Cams are very cheap now unlike the C5 and also have ABUS for extra zones for bathrooms, exterior, laundry etc. but Uno-tS2's are expensive
and the older Uno-S1and 2's are not really functional for everyone.

I also need an intercom and am looking at the compoint Russound with integrated door camera.
I built a 16 channel video surveilance server with an Aver card that is a Hybrid so I can do a combo of both IP and Hardwired cameras.

So what I need to know is what kind of integration with my M1 can I get with these systems?

With the Ra system We will probably do curtains too using Ra SVC's with the old system. For now I must keep the older
Ra system Because of the original investment 2 years ago and because
I will be able to upgrade later to the version 2 at a later time. Way Later I planed for that already.

I have alot of questions but to start, what extent can I control the key features of my lighting system
and music system and the M1 gold and what is the best method or system touchscreen and software.

Is the Elk Ts071 with soft ware the best? I have no clue please give me some Ideas thanks

I would also be doing irrigation on the keypad if I can.

Thanks
Walt

Well I checked with HAI and they say nothing they have works with the Elk alarm system except their thermostat controlers. I do like their new HA controller I wish everybody put video and mic in theirs. I have already made a significant investment in the ELK system so I am stuck with it. any other suggestions Thanks.

Russound C5
Russound Compoint
Lutron RadioRA
ElkM1 Gold
Controller?

Back