New Construction System Recommendation

For me the main use for an alarm panel is to provide inexpensive dry contact inputs to an automation system. I use 32 zones on my Elk M1 for fire and security and everthing else is used as hard wire automation. The Elk M1 Gold has decent zone capacity but I am getting close to the limits (208 zones I think). I also like the fact that everything from Homeseer to ISY to Hubitat seems to have an Elk integration. If I was ever going to consider a change the main criteria for me would be:

Maximum number of zones (more than the Elk would be good) as well as the ability to define them as needed for automation use

How many different automation systems have an integration available for it

picta said:
I have a Velux made module that controls the skylight via dry contacts, has been working flawlessly for years.
Yeh, Ive got one sitting in a box here waiting to hook up. Another RF kludge.

picta said:
The Ecobee-based thermostats may very likely be possible to replace with non-cloud communicating thermostats. HAI Omnistats support 9 versions of HVAC systems. RCS could be an option also..
Nope. Its a custom version for ClimateMaster Trilogy geothermal system. Variable speed everything and proprietary protocol.

So I read through this thread.

I'm a few months from finishing construction on our new home. All security points and all networking points as well as everything else I could think of are hardwired.

Planning on CQC for automation, Lutron RadioRa2 lighting.

I had thought ElkM1G security panel for ease of integration with CQC. I won't use it for automation, I don't think.

I don't want to spend more than necessary, but don't mind the cost of the Elk either.

Do I read this thread right that there really isn't a better option for me?

Back