New Insteon Access Point

They have not addressed that point on mixed SignaLincs and Access Points. The FCC Database still doesn't have the exact frequency used and Smarthome is just giving the band used.

The FCC Database still doesn't have the exact frequency used and Smarthome is just giving the band used.

The TCB's have 30 days to upload the supporting documentsfor grants, BUT typically once granted the FCC database is updated with the grant information quickly. The supportign documents are the test mesurement reports ect... but the grant will have the information we are looking for (ex. frequency used). Once someone gets one can you post the FCC ID number. (maybe it is not granted under the smartlabs name)

I called SH Customer Service and asked them about the Beta units and they confirmed that they were shipping starting today.

Production units are supposed to start shipping in 3 to 4 weeks.

Is it just me or is that to short of a Beta test program? Not that I want to wait forever for my access points but I would rather they get the bugs out.

On a positive note the CS women was very pleasant. She seemed a bit rushed (there must have been a huge backlog of calls since I had to wait almost 30 mins on hold). She also is sending me free replacement keypadlinc buttons. A huge improvement over previous calls to SH CS (I have had a few very good CS experiences but they are the exception not the rule).

Is it just me or is that to short of a Beta test program? Not that I want to wait forever for my access points but I would rather they get the bugs out.

I guess that depends how the beta program goes. If it's true that there was an earlier pre-release program, then this one may go smoothly.

We'll find out soon enough!

i am curious about how these new access points compare to the signalincs in performance - i have 4 signalincs and still have an unusable insteon network - hoping these can salvage my mistake

I too have 4 signalincs, so I guess, based on their instructions, we should all try to work out a swap meet of sorts...

How To Upgrade:

Purchase TWO refurbished Access Points - $59.99

Return your used SignaLincs with the trade-up form (available in the AccessPoint box) and a copy of your invoice to Smarthome

Receive your FREE RemoteLinc (valued at $49.99).

*Please allow 2 weeks for delivery. Customer is responsible for return postage and shipping costs. Smarthome is not be responsible for units lost in the mail.

Please Note: (1) RemoteLinc will be sent to each return address per pair of (2) SignaLincs RF's returned. (1) additional SignaLinc RF may be returned for an additional AccessPoint.

Based on the instructions, I can return 3 of my 4 signalincs for 3 access points and a remotelinc--total cost to me: $10...that leaves me with a basically useless 4th signalinc that someone else can use to upgrade from 2 to 3 access points...

I am sure I am not alone.

Thoughts?

Same boat............. different port. I will have a paperweight though.

It looks like SH has updated their page about returning extra SignalLincs. It now reads:
Please Note: (1) RemoteLinc will be sent to each return address per pair of (2) SignaLincs RF's returned. If you have more than two SignaLinc RF's, you will receive an additional AccessPoint for each additional SignaLinc RF returned.

So it looks like those of us with 3 or more will not have paper weights after all. Not great but not too bad of a deal.

SH is no longer honoring this. They will only accept one pair of RFlincs for each pair you buy.

Anybody wanting to see the Full and Quick Manuals for Access Point the link is now on its web page. Same for the RemoteLinc.

Back