Newbie Questions

You said
"Also, under Advanced, Serial Port Settings make sure your dialog box matches the one below (no matter what your serial port number is that you are using). Of course change the baud setting to match yours though."

I can't find "Serial Port Settings" anywhere!

I'm am not having any success connecting py PC to my CADDX NX-8 through the home automation module :) . DL900 is returning the following when I attempt a "direct connect"

Error reading data from module 0.....529

after I click OK I get the following

Error reading data from module 0.....83

and thats it...

I have my null modem cable hooked up to the home automation module (584)
and it is seeing something (when I assign the other non-connected serial port DL900 searches and just hangs without returning any errors).

I'm at wits end ....any ideas?

hmmm, I don't know the 584 module that well as I have the NX8E which has the serial port on board but here are some suggestions.

1. Post this question on the Caddx Forum over at Homeseer board

2. Post this question HERE

3. Make sure your 584 is addressed properly. Can you control anything via a keypad?

4. Can you control any zone via a keypad? How about arm/disarm?

5. Are you logging into the NX8 with the Admin code?

6. Are your modules showing "enrolled" in the "Modules Enrolled" dialog box in the main screen?

That's all I can think of for now. Sounds like you have some sort of software configuration error as you are able to at least connect via the DL900.

Post this question HERE

Ok thanks ....posted

Make sure your 584 is addressed properly. Can you control anything via a keypad

Not sure what you mean ..... I can arm and disarm ....is that it?

Can you control any zone via a keypad? How about arm/disarm?

What should I be able to do?

Are you logging into the NX8 with the Admin code?

Via DL900? or by the keypad?

Are your modules showing "enrolled" in the "Modules Enrolled" dialog box in the main screen?

No... How do I enroll them?

I truly am clueless.

I'll take a stab at helping. In order to use the 584 board and the DL-900 software, the basic Caddx system has to be running and configured to at least talk to each module and have serial and other items working. It's like connecting to a PC - you have to have the basic PC running in order to connect to it.

Therefore, you have to have the 584 board programmed intot he Caddx NX-8 system via the keypad first.

Also, the DL-900 and Caddx basic default user is "caddx" with a password of "1234". When the DL-900 starts up, it will ask for this info twice. If you have changed the defaults in the NX-8, use your values.

Luckily, a new post on the HS board outlines the basic panel configs in preparation for Nitrox's plugin, and this is exactly what you need to get the Caddx board working even for the DL-900 software. See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=99873 .

You also may have a problem with the serial cable. You want a straight-through cable - not a "null modem" cable - for the 584 to PC connection.

Once you check that all out, post here or email me and we'll see what the next steps are based on where your problems are.

Hope this helps!

Are you still having trouble getting the DL900 software to work with your Caddx System?

I found out something rather odd while replacing a Caddx NX8E board recently (other one was damaged by a lightning strike). I could not get the board to communicate with the DL900 software after the panel was set up according to the Homeseer Caddx Plugin instructions (posted HERE).

Instead I finally called the Caddx Tech Support people and they sent me a sheet describing the settings they use. The only (main) difference was that they said to place all data in Location 210 (all segments) to "off". The Homeseer Caddx Plugin Instructions wanted Segment 1 Data set to 6 and 7 "on".

Well, when I turned off all the data in Location 210 I was able to connect with the DL900 software! After I downloaded the program and was finished with the DL900 software, I just reset Location 210, Segment 1 back to 6 and 7 on (via the LCD keypad.

Not really sure why this problem occured with this board and not my other one. Maybe the firmware revision is different. I saw a lot of people having trouble connecting their Caddx boards with the DL900 software and post this so they can at least try this method.

Regards,

BSR

Back