No Zigbee or Zwave washer water shutoff available?

I am looking for a way to shut off the water to my washer when it is not running.  I have a current sensor on the line so I know when it is off or on.  I see stand-alone units that combine the features.  But I don't see a clean way to automate the standard washer valves that you find in a laundry room?  I know I could put two shutoffs on the water line but that is would be in the wall and would not provide any local override.

simonmason said:
I am looking for a way to shut off the water to my washer when it is not running.  I have a current sensor on the line so I know when it is off or on.  I see stand-alone units that combine the features.  But I don't see a clean way to automate the standard washer valves that you find in a laundry room?  I know I could put two shutoffs on the water line but that is would be in the wall and would not provide any local override.
Why don't you get something like WaterCop that goes on your main water line. You can put sensors by your washer, and also many other things that can flood. Kinda a waste to spend all this money for the washer, when you are not protecting the ice maker, toilet, water heater, etc.

Back