Nuvo GC music sources

MrSpock

One of the items I've been slowly getting to work in my new house is the Nuvo Grand Concerto.  I bought the GC with expander, installed everything myself (electronics, wiring, speakers) and it seems to be working well.  Now comes the hard part; getting the music sources setup so it all works together.  Like everyone I want to have the keypads do their normal source control and display while also having android tablet control. 

I thought about the Music Port Elite (MPS4e) to make my life easier.  But there are some good reasons not to go down that path.  Cost ($3600 new), small hard drive (640GB), and a fair amount of general bugginess reported in various forums such as AVS forum.  It seems to be much better than the previous non-elite product, but still not a good value.

My server is on the same rack as the GC and I set it up with a 3TB RAID as my media server with all my ripped music, currently about 400GB and growing.  My plan was to use Mainlobby as my main interface and touchscreen software to try and wrap it all together along with all the other HA stuff I've planned.  On paper it sounds like a good plan.  Last fall I dug into Mainlobby's Nuvo commands and immediately found about a dozen important commands were not working for me.  I still have to work this out with Cinemar.  Then I tried to start writing code to get the keypads to control sources, display information and such.  This went absolutely no where.  I'm a hardware guy and my software skills are just plain slow.  I could not find any code examples which is really what I needed.  Out of frustration I punted and worked on several other automation tasks for the last 6 months.  Now I'm coming back around to this.

So I'm looking for advice on a few points.  I thought I would post this question here first before going to AVS or the Cinemar forums.

1) While I'm not thrilled about buying a MP4Se I might consider it if forced to.  I'm looking for suggestions or forum users experiences with it.
2) Any Mainlobby users here who would not mind sharing some V4 code that controls music sources?  I promise not to bug you with questions and am willing to even pay some $.  My preference is to learn this stuff so I can automate other items.
3) Any other products out there that would help my situation?

Thanks.

I've been pretty happy with the MPS4e. Itocks up every 6 months or so, requiring a reboot, but it has actually been quite a while. And, the reboot always fixes it. Some people (jautor) has his set up to reboot regularly, without a hitch.

It's priced at the cost of 2 source components, which kind of makes sense. It's the only source I use.

Thanks AFSarge.  I'm still futzing with MainLobby software.  Cinemar Dave has been helpful, but damn there is zero documentation to figure it out yourself.

Back