OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

With this video guide I installed HA in my pc.... https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/windows/
I have done this configurations:

configuration.yam
lmqtt:
broker: localhost
username: mosquitto
password: yourpassword
discovery: true
discovery_prefix: homeassistant

OmniLinkBridge.ini
mqtt_enabled = yes
mqtt_server = hassio
mqtt_port = 1883
mqtt_username = mosquitto
mqtt_password = yourpassword
mqtt_discovery_prefix = homeassistant

But in mosquitto.conf file, what modify shall I do?

In mosquitto I have only configured this:
allow_anonymous false
password_file c:\mosquitto\passwordfile

Now HA see my Omni2e central!!!! After that I have to understand the potentiality of HA!

My setup is working great, thanks to Pete setting it all up for me. Thanks again Pete.

But I have read through everything here and can't get this to work.

SmartThings is working correctly, but I didn't need one Omni UNIT, so deleted it in the SmartThings IDE.  The problem is, I want to use that UNIT again now but can't get it back.

In SmartThings, you can manually add a device, but the TYPE needs to be "OMNILINK:UNIT:58" and that option doesn't show up in the Pulldown. (You can't manually type this in.)

So as a second idea, I used PC Access to change the name of the UNIT, thinking it would refresh.  The name in Home Assistant DID refresh, but the Device in SmartThings has not returned. I tried restarting "omnilink-bridge" with Docker on the Pi, but SmartThings doesn't seem to update. 

How do I force SmartThings to do a refresh of the Omni devices?

The OmniLink SmartThings app code doesn't update the device names after initial creation. If you delete the device, go to the OmniLink Controller device and click the refresh icon, the device will be added again with the new name. I purposely don't update the names as some might want to override the name in SmartThings.

if you delete the device, go to the OmniLink Controller device and click the refresh icon, the device will be added again with the new name.
Thank you Ryan...

added a new device in PCA...

Went to the Android GUI Smartthings ap and did a refresh of the controller while concurrently logged in to the Samsung IDE stuff...

Ahh...it worked...but slow...orginally was trying to do stuff fast with no patience...

1 - created a new button called "ding" in PCA which is a chime button
2 - did the refresh thing in the Samsung Smartthings Android gui
3 - did not see anything for about 3 minutes
4 - then saw a new device called ding
5 - pushed the button in the Android application and it worked fine.

ding1.jpg

ding2.jpg

rsw686 said:
The OmniLink SmartThings app code doesn't update the device names after initial creation. If you delete the device, go to the OmniLink Controller device and click the refresh icon, the device will be added again with the new name. I purposely don't update the names as some might want to override the name in SmartThings.
Yes thanks.  I did notice the iPhone app was buggy. If you change a device name in the app. it doesn't even update then. If you kill the app. then relaunch, it gets changed. 

We are all talking about the "good" app., the Classic one, but I'm sure Samsung isn't working on that one. They are working on the "new" app. but they have been for years and it never seems to get any better.

I may have missed this. If I did I apologize.

Is there any way to tell omnilink to put the unit name into the body of the MQTT message?

Joe

rsw686 said:
I should note that "Refreshing" the OmniLink Controller device DOES populate SmartThings with the new OmniLinkBridge data, BUT it doesn't seem to refresh the OmniLinkBridge info, so make sure you first restart the OmniLinkBridge, then Refresh the OmniLink device. Otherwise it will look like nothing happened.

I installed Home Assistant v0.86.1 this past week and now am no longer seeing output from the climate.lower_tstat and climate.upper_tstat entities. Fairly certain that I didn't change anything on my end. Is anyone else encountering the same?

Home-assistant.log is below. The opening WARNING message is typical, but I believe the information in the Traceback may be new.
Code:
WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for climate.mqtt which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-01-26 10:43:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/mqtt.py", line 163, in async_discover
    discovery_payload[ATTR_DISCOVERY_HASH])
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/mqtt.py", line 244, in _async_setup_entity
    discovery_hash,
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/mqtt.py", line 261, in __init__
    payload_available, payload_not_available)
TypeError: __init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 5 were given
2019-01-26 10:43:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/mqtt.py", line 163, in async_discover
    discovery_payload[ATTR_DISCOVERY_HASH])
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/mqtt.py", line 244, in _async_setup_entity
    discovery_hash,
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/mqtt.py", line 261, in __init__
    payload_available, payload_not_available)

grantlewis said:
I installed Home Assistant v0.86.1 this past week ... Is anyone else encountering the same?

Yes. In the latest release (0.86) something has changed in the bowels of MQTT-related components. I made a custom component for MQTT HVAC (not the same as the one created by rsw686), derived from the release version found in 0.80. Someone else using it recently reported that my custom component no longer works in 0.86.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/need-help-with-value-template-for-mqtt-hvac/73395/23?u=123

I loaded 0.86.1 on my test machine and confirmed my custom component no longer works. This error message sums it up: "TypeError: __init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 5 were given". Basically, the new way is different from the old way.

I haven't explored the code yet but I think I'll need to start from scratch. In other words, I need to take the latest version (0.86.X) of the MQTT HVAC component and re-apply all my customizations. That ought to work until the next breaking change.

In your case, rsw686 will need to do the same (my custom version of MQTT HVAC doesn't support dual thermostats).

Hi, I've been reading through this thread with interest. I've just installed hassio on a new RPi3B+ and added Mosquitto broker & node red from the hass.io add-on store with the intention to control my OmniPro II environment and expand using MQTT so the OmniLinkBridge sounds perfect. I'm new to the RPi3 world so would appreciate some simple guidance on getting OmniLinkBridge installed. I'm not using docker as a container. 

Looks like 0.87.0 only makes matters worse. In addition to the loss of thermostat control, 16 OmniPro flags, which were previously operating as switches in 0.84.6, are unrecognized.

Code:
Log Details (ERROR)Thu Feb 07 2019 13:29:14 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Exception in async_discover when dispatching 'mqtt_discovery_new_switch_mqtt': ({'command_topic': 'omnilink/unit455/command', 'brightness_state_topic': 'omnilink/unit455/brightness_state', 'brightness_command_topic': 'omnilink/unit455/brightness_command', 'brightness_scale': 100, 'name': 'IKLMotionOR', 'state_topic': 'omnilink/unit455/state', 'availability_topic': 'omnilink/status', 'platform': 'mqtt'},)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mqtt/switch.py", line 66, in async_discover
    config = PLATFORM_SCHEMA(discovery_payload)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 267, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 589, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 427, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: extra keys not allowed @ data['brightness_state_topic']

I'll see if I can get some time to look into this. I haven't updated yet and am running 0.81.4. From the release notes they merged the mqtt switch modules. It's unfortunate they didn't make it backwards compatible. Once I fix OmniLinkBridge it will only be compatible with the newest versions of Home Assistant.

That'd be great, thanks very much. in the mean time I'm getting a lot of other things fixed. It's "house cleaning" time well spent.

Thanks for the news guys....will leave my set up at 0.84.3 which is working fine for me until whenever..

Back