OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

tigers said:
Wonderful. Can I update without changing any config just by copying the new files on the Raspberry?

Yep that will work. The configuration options have not changed.

pete_c said:
Updated HA this morning to HA 0.117.4.

Second machine is running HASSIO on a Pine64.  Much easier to upgrade.

Are either of those using the Hassio Add-ons repository I have? Only asking as I had to change to Debian Linux for the Hassio docker image. I was the Hassio documentation to use Alpine Linux, but mono is currently broken and removed from the repo. 

Thanks for the reply. Since you mention it, my config is Raspbian32 on a Pi4 with Home assistant core installed. I tried installing using HACS but it didn't work, so I manually installed mono and finally managed to have it up and running. Is it possible to use the HACS repository (which makes updates easier to manage on my side) or should I stay with my current config?
Thanks for the work.

EDIT: I can confirm the upgrading went flawless on a RaspberryPi 4 with Raspbian by just copying the new files and keeping the config. Now I'm trying to figure out the new functions: I see some new sensors, and I should definitely dig up in some advanced config to get switch to be correctly recognized instead of being "lights"

Are either of those using the Hassio Add-ons repository I have? 

no

Build #1 is using just HA in Docker as initially described running on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit on a micro Intel PC.  This one just has the Community HACS stuff.

Build #2 is using HASSIO runing on a Pine64 running on an Arm Rock chip using Ubuntu 20.X 64 bit.  I have not added much to this build other than updating HA.

Unique in the HASSIO is running on a base Ubuntu 20.X build.

Today I added three Zigbee lamp modules to my OmniPro II that were just lying around. They integrate thanks to the HAI Zigbee Interface Module that controls my Zigbee Yale Real Living deadbolts. After adding those modules as Units in the OmniPro, OmniLinkBridge makes them accessible in Home Assistant.

That got me thinking: is there a way to similarly control those Yale Zigbee locks via OmniLinkBridge? I've kludged a workaround with flags and automations, but that solution is a little inelegant. It'd be great if I could take a more direct route.

TL/DR: Using OmniLinkBridge, is there a way to control OmniPro Zigbee locks with Home Assistant?

Guessing here as I do not have Zigbee Locks configured with the OmniPro 2 panel.

You can load up MQTT Explorer and watch the MQTT traffic as you control the OmniPro Zigbee locks with the OmniPro PCA application or whatever you utilize.

You should see the MQTT traffic generated and just copy what you see to create automation commands in Home Assistant.

Thinking that @Ano is using Zigbee Locks / HAI ZIM / OmniLinkBridge / Home Assistant.  

grantlewis said:
Today I added three Zigbee lamp modules to my OmniPro II that were just lying around. They integrate thanks to the HAI Zigbee Interface Module that controls my Zigbee Yale Real Living deadbolts. After adding those modules as Units in the OmniPro, OmniLinkBridge makes them accessible in Home Assistant.

That got me thinking: is there a way to similarly control those Yale Zigbee locks via OmniLinkBridge? I've kludged a workaround with flags and automations, but that solution is a little inelegant. It'd be great if I could take a more direct route.

TL/DR: Using OmniLinkBridge, is there a way to control OmniPro Zigbee locks with Home Assistant?
I don't think I understand your question: home assistant can control anything that interfaces with it directly, so IF there's a zigbee interface that can talk to the lock (I know that there are problems with some interfaces) then you can control the lock via home assistant, no need for another object in the middle like HAI.
If instead you need the HAI interface to control the locks because everything else does not connect to them I believe you're pretty much stuck to sending commands from home assistant to HAI that in turn sends them to the locks.
OmniLinkBridge is only a "translator" from MQTT to HAI console and viceversa, it cannot skip any of the passages, you can only decide how to send the MQTT commands, and Home Assistant is just one of the ways.

Just a side note here updated OmniLinkBridge this morning with no issues:

BTPro_HS3Lite:/opt/omnilink-bridge# docker logs omnilink-bridge
2020-12-08 05:55:32 [OmniLinkBridge.CoreServer INF] Started version 1.1.9.0 on Unix 5.4.0.56 with ["OmniLinkBridge.Modules.OmniLinkII", "OmniLinkBridge.Modules.LoggerModule", "OmniLinkBridge.Modules.TimeSyncModule", "OmniLinkBridge.WebServiceModule", "OmniLinkBridge.Modules.MQTTModule"]
2020-12-08 05:55:32 [OmniLinkBridge.Modules.OmniLinkII DBG] Controller Status: Connecting
2020-12-08 05:55:32 [OmniLinkBridge.Modules.OmniLinkII INF] Controller is OmniPro II firmware 4.0B
2020-12-08 05:55:32 [OmniLinkBridge.Modules.OmniLinkII DBG] Retrieving named units
2020-12-08 05:55:32 [OmniLinkBridge.Modules.OmniLinkII DBG] Waiting for system formats

On the locks: What I'm asking is whether OmniLinkBridge can present the locks as directly-accessible entities to Home Assistant. The lamp modules I mentioned show up in Home Assistant as light.ziglamp1, light.ziglamp2, light.ziglamp3 because, after pairing them to the HAI Zigbee Interface Module, I was then able to add them as Units in OmniPro. Zigbee locks are neither Units nor Flags.

li5BKlH.png

kt32MJm.png

On the locks OmniLinkBridge does not have support for them. It is possible to write code to add lock support as it exists in the protocol. If I get some free time I'll look into what it would take to implement this capability. To be upfront this isn't high on my list as development of this feature is tricky as I have no locks on my OmniPro to test with.

Thanks, Ryan. I do have something workable in place, so it's certainly not an urgent need. As always, your amazing effort is very much appreciated!

Hello to everyone, I'm trying to install OmniLink Bridge in my raspberry Pi3.
But when I run this command:
docker build --tag="omnilink-bridge" .

I have the following error:
/bin/sh: 1: mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.18-linux-debian9-x86-64bit/bin/myodbc-installer: Exec format error

I know that is an architecture problem, so I tryied to use mono OmniLinkBridge.exe -i but inside the downloaded folder ther isn't a .exe file!

Where am I wrong?

Why are you installing it inside docker?
Did you take a look at the guide I posted in June 2020 on how I set up my Raspberry for home assistant with OmniLinkBridge? I explained how I managed to get it to work as a simple service launched by a cron at boot up. No need to use docker in my opinion, since it's pretty much a standalone exe that uses mono as an interpreter for windows C compiled code.
Try following my experience and come back for advice.

tigers said:
Why are you installing it inside docker?
Did you take a look at the guide I posted in June 2020 on how I set up my Raspberry for home assistant with OmniLinkBridge? I explained how I managed to get it to work as a simple service launched by a cron at boot up. No need to use docker in my opinion, since it's pretty much a standalone exe that uses mono as an interpreter for windows C compiled code.
Try following my experience and come back for advice.

Now I'm using OmniLinkBridge with MONO.
Now I have mosquitto working, OmniLinkBridge working (if I do: mono OmniLinkBridge.exe -i, I see all the parameters of the central)....

The last problem is on HA, this is my configuration.yaml:
# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

mqtt:
broker: localhost
username: enrico
password: mypass
discovery: true
discovery_prefix: homeassistant

But HA doesn't see nothing, I have these errors:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:138
First occurred: 13:29:37 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:30:05

• Setup failed for password: Integration not found.

• Setup failed for username: Integration not found.

• Setup failed for broker: Integration not found.

• Setup failed for discovery_prefix: Integration not found.

• Setup failed for discovery: Invalid config.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/mqtt/__init__.py:808
First occurred: 13:30:05 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:30:05

Error setting up entry configuration.yaml for mqttTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 236, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 555, in async_setup_entry
await hass.data[DATA_MQTT].async_connect()
File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 808, in async_connect
self.conf[CONF_BROKER],
KeyError: 'broker'

Hi, are you from Italy? Maybe it'll be easier if I explain in italian then.
Let's get things straight one by one: are you 100% positive that mosquitto is working? Also, if I recall correctly MQTT in HA should be configured from the interface, not in yaml. I'd also temporarily remove user and password for MQTT so you get one problem out of the equation.
Then: 1. Test mosquitto and MQTT in HA using MQTT explorer; 2. Launch omlinikbridge.exe -i and check in MQTT explorer that everything is fine (did you check that OmniLinkBridge.ini is correctly configured?)
Then come back and we'll see

Back