OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

Thanks! I didn't want to starting asking over on the Home Assistant forums since I was having Omnibridge issues first.  Now I am in gear just need to figure the gas clutch combo!

Thank you very much!

If all your stuff is imported via omnilinkbridge then it should just show up in overview tab like below. This is after a fresh omnilinkbridge import.
Screen-Shot-2021-01-21-at-8-06-33-PM.png

If you have an iPhone, highly recommend using the Homekit bridge integration. There are lots of easy youtubes on this. Then all these switches and buttons import to your iPhone as well as the alarm arm/disarm and you can control with siri. Pretty nifty.

That is some sort of "monster card" that HA creates on first boot that contains all the entites that have been located. If it doesn't generate automatically you can just add your entities card by clicking the three dots icon on top right

Never got that monster card - I can't figure out how to make the little switches all together.  I'm playing. I got homekit working on my phone and I got home assistant working on my phone as well.  Its pretty decent so far.

I have a lot to learn (I know I am late to the party) but MyroHome did really well for me on my Phone.  New house, new setup, but practicing at the old house now!

If I am understanding this correctly: Home Assistant is more of the interface and Node Red would act as the rules engine?

Home Assistant is more of the interface and Node Red would act as the rules engine?

Home Assistant is stand alone automation with an interface, triggers, events et al.  

Node Red is flow based developement tool developed by IBM for iOT.  

Horribly confusing.  Still researching when to use which tool where.  I see they work together so that is good.

I like it so far but until I know it better I find it a bit cumbersome to get the look and feel I think I want.

You can do everything directly in HA, but if you're familiar with Node red you can use it natively. It's your choice. If it didn't generate by itself you can do it manually with some tricks, but all in all it's not really needed, you can just create your cards.
Be advised that the learning curve for HA in quite steep, partly because the documentation is often lacking important details or examples and there's A LOT of trial and error. That being said I can assure you will be rewarded with a very powerful tool.

Can anyone tell me how to get the bridge to send which code was used through MQTT to Home Assistant?    Right now it just seems to send Armed and if it was day or night but not the code that was used.   I am looking at the logs in the bridge and in home assistant and neither one seems to show it.  I am trying to send alerts when a certain persons code is used and need that info.

Thanks,  J

There's an old post of mine where I wrote the JSON part and how to setup an automation to catch it.
EDIT: if it's not in the JSON then you must setup a "button" in OPII to indicate who activated the alarm.

The code is in the status section of the OP2 panel.  I still utilize it to trigger and drive events with the older Homeseer OmniPro plugin and newer Homeseer Omni plugin.

There is a subsection for reading status in the protocol manual.  With the latest revision of the OmniLinkBridge plugin there are pieces of the status reporting seen now.

Here is a picture of all of the status items available and a picture of the status items seen today with the OmniLinkBridge.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1420]

OmniLink Protocol manual

In addition to the user codes, the following security codes can be reported:

251 Duress code
252 Keyswitch
253 Quick arm
254 PC Access
255 Programmed 

tigers said:
There's an old post of mine where I wrote the JSON part and how to setup an automation to catch it.
EDIT: if it's not in the JSON then you must setup a "button" in OPII to indicate who activated the alarm.

Tigers, can you tell me more about the button and how to set that up?  I guess that is what I will have to do to get the last code used.

Pete_c it did work in Homeseer for me but in Home Assistant I don't see that coming over.  Just if it was armed or disarmed.  

Thanks!

Back