OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

@rsw686 Thank you. Both posts very helpful!

@pete_c and @tigers I'm a fan/user of MQTTExplorer, so good call out. But like pete_c I'm not finding any way to export. @tigers you said that you're seeing stuff in History? No matter where I click, History is completely empty, checked two different computers. Any suggestions?

History is completely empty, checked two different computers. Any suggestions?

Let it MQTT explorer run a while.

Using Snaplink or Omnitouch consoles turn on and off your lights, move around your house to trigger PIRs, open and close doors, change your thermostat settings...and you will see a bunch of MQTT messages.

Thank you Ryan for the explaination relating to the INI / json file and Alexa configuration.

I do the same for Google assistant: everything is filtered except what I decide to expose. And I chose not to expose alarm or main door openings. It's already a security issue that the alarm is accessible via MQTT.

jtek said:
Can anyone tell me how to get the bridge to send which code was used through MQTT to Home Assistant?    Right now it just seems to send Armed and if it was day or night but not the code that was used.   I am looking at the logs in the bridge and in home assistant and neither one seems to show it.  I am trying to send alerts when a certain persons code is used and need that info.

Thanks,  J

The code used to arm. disarm, etc is only available in the OmniPro II event log. The OmniLink II protocol only allows polling to read a certain number of events. Currently OmniLinkBridge just sends the area status to MQTT when it receives a notification from the OmniPro II that it has changed. Unfortunately this area status doesn't include the code. OmniLinkBridge would need to poll the event log after it received the area status change notification. Additionally it might need a slight delay as I'm not sure the order of operations that the OmniPro II uses internally. It also might have to read several event log entries to find the correct one. It can be done, but it isn't straight forward.

ano said:
I have a similar problem I can't solve.  I use OmniLinkBridge to MQTT to Home Assistant to Amazon/Alexa.  I use Omni zones to trigger the Alexa to speak, like Frond Door Open.   That works for Omni alarm zones, but NOT Omni Auxiliary zones. Now I can see the Omni Auxiliary zones in HA and read their state, but when they pass to Amazon/Alexa, I can only use Omni alarm zones as Alexa triggers.  I can see the  Omni Auxiliary zones in Amazon/Alexa, but they can't be used to trigger routines.  

So, somewhere down the line, alarm zones and auxiliary zones must be different types.  So the question is, how do I fix this?  

One idea. I see in OmniLinkBridge.ini there is the line: "mqtt_discovery_override_zone = id=75;device_class=door"

So, there really isn't instructions, but does this take a zone and change its type?  So will this take auxiliary zone 75 and make it seem as a door sensor?  Will this solve my problem?  Or maybe something else?  Any ideas?
Yes that will override zone 75 so Home Assistant see it as a door. OmniLinkBridge treats all zones the same. It just sends a different device class to Home Assistant. I'm assuming the Home Assistant Alexa plugin is where the difference is coming in.

@Ano (Allen),

Are you still using the Samsung Smartthings interface piece of the OmniLinkBridge plugin?

I recall when I configured your RPi with the OmniLinkBridge plugin last year or year before last that you were still using it.

So MQTTExplorer has been running for +1 hours, and I've turned plenty of lights on/off. I'm still not seeing anything in History. No matter where I click it's completely empty. What am I missing?

ceP3GJb.png

What I noticed is that when I installed Mosquitto Broker plugin in HASSIO...it did not work well with all of my networks MQTT stuff.

HASSIO is sort of self contained and very secure.

That said I have kept Mosquitto broker installed on the Ubuntu main OS...using

apt update
apt install mosquitto

tigers said:
There's something wrong because you should see the updates:https://ibb.co/gDZ17zY

OK, so it's not that there's nothing there -- I was just expecting to see something very different. What I need is a delimited log-like listing with all omnilink MQTT activity. With that I could then parse (sort, filter, etc.0 all of the data to find out what unit numbers correspond to which names.

grantlewis said:
OK, so it's not that there's nothing there -- I was just expecting to see something very different. What I need is a delimited log-like listing with all omnilink MQTT activity. With that I could then parse (sort, filter, etc.0 all of the data to find out what unit numbers correspond to which names.

If it helps, the unit numbers match what is programmed into the OmniPro PC Access software.

It's really granular.

Pick a PIR and state and walk in front of the PIR and watch the state change in the history.

On the main left screen you will only see a flicker of the top down PIR.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1422]

What I need is a delimited log-like listing with all omnilink MQTT activity.

This is what you can see with Homeseer mcsMQTT plugin.  It writes all of the MQTT activity to a historical mysql DB.  Well the MQTT stuff you want to watch.

You can turn on the SQL database for the OmniLinkBridge. I am guessing it does record all of the MQTT messages. I haven't used it in a couple of years.

grantlewis said:
Maybe it's just my setup that it's different, but I see in the MQTT data the NAME=xxxx that is the name i gave in PC Access to that unit, and that is replicated in HA.
That's what I see in HA: all the name are exactly untouched from OmniLinkBridge (I just changed some icons):
https://ibb.co/2qqYWfb

Back