OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

grantlewis said:
Thanks, Ryan! Up and running without a hitch. Really appreciate your continued work!

Glad to hear! I've been using Home Assistant solely for the last year. Haiku doesn't work on my latest iPhone and Space requires too much navigating around to see the details. So far I only need Space to arm in vacation mode. I wish Leviton/HAI didn't discontinue the product line. I've been slowly moving all things not security off the panel so I'm not stuck if the panel, console, etc fail in the future.

ihf said:
Bit more strange. I cannot get the action to work unless I set BOTH target_temp_high AND target_temp_low to 75. Either one alone does nothing.

I think that is to be expected. If the thermostat is in heat-cool / auto mode you need to set both. The automation rules you are setting up are solely related to Home Assistant. I did find a post on their community with a workaround.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-only-change-target-temp-low/119217/3

ihf said:
Bit more strange. I cannot get the action to work unless I set BOTH target_temp_high AND target_temp_low to 75. Either one alone does nothing.
If you're new to .yaml I'd suggest starting off with something simple that's easy to see the result of immediately. For instance, try turning on light B when light A turns on.

Code:
- alias: Light Test
  initial_state: on
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: light.blue_office_lamp
      to: 'on'
  action:
    - service: homeassistant.turn_on
      entity_id: light.red_office_lamp

Thank you Ryan!!!

Last year built a new box with HA on Ubuntu 20.04 (Intel CPU)...and using the HA OmniLink GUI.  I like that it does a backup of configuration before updating.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1473]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1474]

@grantlewis Thanks for the suggestion. Another question: I added a card for the alarm state and it shows the ARM AWAY and ARM HOME states with buttons. However clicking these when the system is disarmed seems to have no effect. However, if the system is armed then the status shows and a DISARM button is displayed, which if clicked, disarms the system. Should the ARM buttons be working?

My HAI system controls my Russound sound system. Haiku was able to control it through the HAI. Is there any way that the Russound could be exposed to Home Assistant by OLB?

@grantlewis also, I have 3 Omnistat thermostats and in the card I created they all show Idle (Cool) except one says Idle (Cool) - On. What does the On mean?

This may not really be an OLB question but rather a HA UI question. I have a card with a set of Omnipro sensors showing their state. If I click one of them I will see the history. Is there a way to have the time of the last state change (or two)  appear on the card?

P.S. I figured out how to get the Last change (not more).
secondary_info: last-changed
added to the Lovelace config for each sensor.

ihf said:
@grantlewis Thanks for the suggestion. Another question: I added a card for the alarm state and it shows the ARM AWAY and ARM HOME states with buttons. However clicking these when the system is disarmed seems to have no effect. However, if the system is armed then the status shows and a DISARM button is displayed, which if clicked, disarms the system. Should the ARM buttons be working?

Yes the arm away, arm home, and arm night buttons work. You'll probably want to check the OmniLinkBridge logs to see if it shows the MQTT command being received. You could also test by using MQTT Explorer or similar to send the arm command.

ihf said:
My HAI system controls my Russound sound system. Haiku was able to control it through the HAI. Is there any way that the Russound could be exposed to Home Assistant by OLB?

Audio support isn't built out in OmniLinkBridge. Mainly because I don't have an audio system integrated with the OmniPro and thus no way to test the code.

ihf said:
@grantlewis also, I have 3 Omnistat thermostats and in the card I created they all show Idle (Cool) except one says Idle (Cool) - On. What does the On mean?

Both of my OmniStat 2 thermostats show Idle (Auto) with auto being the mode. Are you able to share a screenshot?

@rsw686 I am sure this should be obvious but I have not been able to create a card which permits me to turn on or off various outputs on my OmniPro. The Omnipro has a bunch of relay outputs that control things but I have yet to figure out how to turn them on or off or to see their status. This is very important if I am to transition from Haiku as many things are controlled in this way.

ihf said:
ihf, on 26 Jul 2021 - 08:58, said:
I am sure this should be obvious but I have not been able to create a card which permits me to turn on or off various outputs on my OmniPro. The Omnipro has a bunch of relay outputs that control things and I can see the status alright but I have yet to figure out how to turn them on or off.
Is this what you mean?
  • Go to Developer Tools | States to find the name of the entity you want to control.
  • Click the clipboard icon to the left of the entity's name to copy it to the clipboard.
  • On the Overview page, click the three dots at the top right of the screen and select Edit Dashboard.
  • Click the blue + Add Card icon at the bottom right and select the Entities card.
  • In the Entities (Required) section, paste the name of your entity.
  • Click Save in the card's lower right corner.
  • Click the X in the upper left of the Overview page to exit Edit mode and save your changes.
  • Test turning the entity on/off using the toggle next to the entity name.
If that's not what you mean, can you give an example of what you're wanting to do?

Back