OmniTouch 7 "Retrying"

ausphoche

In addition to the Snaplink problem I have on another post, the OminiTouch is out of touch with the controller! This happened weeks after SnapLink snapped so I'm assuming they are not related. 

All things seem to be OK with the panel as I can ping it from my windows computer, but the panel does not show up under PCACCESS. I have no trouble reassigning it's IP address, either. But I'm stumped on how to get the connection going again.

I've checked the POE connection and it all looks OK with all indicators. Ideas anyone? 

One other point I can bring up... I had the email board installed on the panel last winter. It worked pretty well to inform me of arming and disarming the alarm for quite some time. But lately it's been pretty bad about sending me notifications. For what that is worth. 

So Snaplink Snapped. Omni out of touch, and wayward texts about status. 

All other communications (PCACCESS, Router, Internet) seem to be working fine. As usual, it's the details that count. 

I do not have OmniTouch 7's over here.  Just using OmniTouch Pro and Omnitouch 5.7e's.  I am guessing you have checked your keys and the OP2 panel IP on the touchscreen to make sure they are OK. 

Yes here with Omnitouch Pro / Omnitouch 5.7e's it will just stay at the connecting screen if it doesn't connect to the mothership (OmniPro 2 panel).

So in a recap on the Omnitouch Pro touchscreen I check:

1 - IP of the panel
2 - keys of the panel
3 - IP of the touchscreen

Both 1 and 3 should be in your home subnet.

Same with your Snaplink.

Not sure if this is the same for your Omnitouch 7.

Have you changed your home router's subnet and or IPs?  

My touchscreen went out of sync when I upgraded my OmniPro II firmware. 

However, once I upgraded the touchscreen's firmware via the USB Port on the screen, everything re-sync'd. 

Have you upgraded anything lately?

Regards,
Bernie

I did not check the keys... they appeared entered and I know they didn't change. But I guess I'm being lazy.   
FW update. I did one a long time ago, but nothing recently. I don't know how to update via USB key since the panel on the wall doesn't have one visible. Do you have a pointer on how to download the FW to a USB key? I can then pop it off the wall and try that. 

System still has the correct IP. I changed the touch panel's ID back where I wanted it. 

Where things got messed up, I think, was the fact that we had a power outage and some duplicate addresses appeared in DHCP space. We also had an internet outage for a day a while back and I rebooted the modem. That caused the external IP address to change. I have since updated it in the system to the correct IP, now, but I'm unsure why the port forwarding does not work and I doubt it had any effect on the panel talking to the system.  

I have an email board in this thing and that has an extra cable to the POE. I have no idea if that impacts the function of the touch, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the MAC addresses this system has. Is it two, three or more? 

Should the omniTouch show up in PCACCESS even if it's no longer connected? 

Some new developments...  If I use the unregistered Dealer PCACCESS, the Omni touch does not show up. If I use the registered home version, it does!  Through it, I was able to download the latest FW to the panel through PCACCESS. That's all well and good. I've reloaded the Security codes, reset the power, but still it was not connecting.. Until I removed the ethernet cable from the email card...and did the 2 min remove the power reset. 

Now this thing works like it did before! I guess I can close this thread and open a new one about why my email board is messing up stuff. Thanks all who helped!

Back